Three postdoctoral positions are available in Furqan Fazal’s lab in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) to study the organization of RNAs within cells. The Fazal lab focuses on systematically interrogating the subcellular transcriptomes of mammalian cells and characterizing the scope, regulation, and function of subcellular localization, particularly at the systems and organismal level.
Fazal’s lab interests span from computational to wet-lab work, though the ideal candidate should have experience in molecular biology, RNA biology, cell biology, and/or informatics. We use a variety of biochemical, biophysical, imaging, genomic and computational approaches to investigate the sequence-function relationship dictating RNA localization.
Recent relevant publications from the principal investigator include:
1. Atlas of Subcellular RNA Localization Revealed by APEX-seq. Cell 2019.
2. RNA Structure Maps Across Mammalian Cellular Compartments. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 2019.
3. RNA-GPS Predicts SARS-CoV-2 RNA Residency to Host Mitochondria and Nucleolus. Cell Systems 2020.
4. Subcellular Spatial Transcriptomes: Emerging Frontier for Understanding Gene Regulation. CSHL Symposia of Quantitative Biology 2019.
Visit the BCM website (https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/furqan-fazal-72901) for more information about our lab. Interested applicants may send an email to email@example.com for more information about the position, or apply directly at the BCM website (https://jobs.bcm.edu, search for job posts by entering requisition IDs 8017, 8018 or 8019).
– MD or PhD in basic science, health science, or a related field.
– No experience is required.
– PhD degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, or related field preferred.
– RNA biology, genomics, genetics, informatics.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Disciplinary Specialties of Research • Cell Signaling• Pharmacology• G proteins and G protein coupled receptors• Systems Biology Description of the...Apply
A postdoctoral position is available in Hua Wang’s lab at the Lundquist Institute/Harbor-UCLA Medical Center to study DNA damage repair,...Apply
Job Description Askary lab at the University of California, Los Angeles is looking for postdoctoral fellows who are excited about...Apply
Position Description: The Wright proteomics laboratory has an open post-doctoral position to define protein interactions to human androgen receptor using...Apply
Post-doctoral research position at UCSF – Okimoto Lab A Full-time Postdoctoral research position is immediately available for a highly motivated...Apply
The Wright Lab (http://wrightlabscience.com) is seeking an enthusiastic postdoctoral associate to lead an exciting project aimed at understanding the language...Apply