Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI) is an internationally recognized non-profit medical research institute affiliated with the Virginia Mason Health System. BRI works to advance the science that will predict, prevent, reverse and cure diseases of the immune system, to achieve its vision of a healthy immune system for every individual. Our scientific approach is to discover, translate, integrate and intervene – accelerating translation of today’s lab discoveries into tomorrow’s clinical interventions. The institute’s core values of persistent inquiry; innovation and agility; collaboration; and integrity and respect are foundational to our work.
A leader of collaborative initiatives such as the Immune Tolerance Network and Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet, BRI frequently partners with global research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotech companies to translate discoveries into clinical therapies.
Visit BenaroyaResearch.org or follow BRI’s Autoimmune Life Blog, Facebook, Instagram,
LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The Wambre Lab at the Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) in Seattle, WA is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate who will be involved in research involving application of cutting edge cellular and molecular profiling techniques to current immunological problems in human health. Studies will focus on human antigen-specific CD4+ T cell responses including biomarker discovery in health and disease. Responsibilities include conceptualizing and executing experiments, data analysis, laboratory record keeping, oral and written presentation of experimental results. The position may involve oversight/ supervision of technicians or graduate students.
· Lead experiments to characterize the cellular and molecular changes on human antigen-specific CD4+ T cells during current clinical trails within the context of the development of new immunotherapy and biomarkers for application in allergy, autoimmunity, infectious diseases and oncology
· Carry out bench work experiments, including single cell transcript analysis, and be responsible for checking and validating the results in each filed of activity
· Implement adequate experimental protocols and, if necessary, the experiments required to solve the possible technical problems within study deadlines
· Present results or summary of results to the project team or to other audiences as needed
· Write required documents such as experimental procedures, research articles and study reports
· Provide oversight/supervision of technicians or graduate students within the context of these studies
· PhD Degree in scientific discipline (Cell Biology, Immunology, or equivalent).
· Knowledge in cellular immunology with less than 4 years of postdoctoral experience
· Previous experience with T cell immunology, RNAseq, or knowledge in bioinformatics is a plus
· Significant experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry, and in design/set up of cell based assays
· Additional expertise in other laboratory techniques related to molecular biology and biochemistry research will also be considered
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good organizational and analytical abilities
Visit https://careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com/jobs/search to apply for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) invites applications for a position responsible for overseeing and managing building-related operations in CSHL Demerec Laboratory. Demerec...Apply
POSITION SUMMARYThe Schilling Laboratory at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in innovative research...Apply
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate specializing in Bioinformatics to join the Computational Cancer Genomics lab of Dr....Apply
POSITION SUMMARY The Furman Lab and the Buck AI Platform at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging seek a...Apply
The Department of Pathology at the Wake Forest School of Medicine (WFSM) invites applications for Assistant/Associate Professor and Veterinary Comparative...Apply
We are seeking a passionate candidate to perform biocuration of genetic variants in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy patient cohorts. The position...Apply