BioChip Labs, Inc. is seeking a research assistant/technician to perform detailed laboratory analysis and related tasks for novel high complexity blood testing and cell culture research. Responsibilities for this position include fabrication of microfluidic devices, performing cell culture and blood cell adhesion experiments, data generation/analysis, reporting, and general laboratory work. This position will work under moderate supervision of the principal investigator to perform research work with human blood samples and primary endothelial cells. The employee works indoors in a laboratory environment and will come in direct contact with biohazardous materials including human blood products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Perform research work related to perfusion culture of endothelial cells in microchannels.
2. Conduct hands-on experiments under biosafety level-2 laboratory environment including blood sample preparation, cell culture, and DNA & RNA extraction.
3. Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment and maintain equipment in clean and properly functioning state.
4. Perform detailed laboratory analysis on biological specimens, including process control tests and quality control tests as directed by the Senior Scientist or Lab Supervisor.
5. Follow established laboratory protocols and procedures, maintain records of experiments, collect data and assist data analysis using electronic database (Microsoft Office system). Familiarity with Origin Lab and Minitab is highly preferred.
6. Prepare solutions, buffers, reagents, and other chemicals based on standard laboratory procedures.
7. Monitor the levels of general laboratory materials and supplies and replenish them in a timely manner.
8. Perform general maintenance activities at the laboratory.
9. Accurately completes and maintains a variety of reports as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
10. Maintains a quality assurance program that meets the requirements of the Lab Director or various regulators.
11. Accurately communicates the outcome of testing to the Lab Director in order to provide for adjustment to the facilities.
12. Perform other duties related to the position as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Must have an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management and other employees.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to perform hematological tests as required by state and federal regulations.
Ability to comply with aseptic techniques.
Ability to keep records and prepare clear and concise reports test results.
Ability to understand and follow moderately complex written and oral instructions, read, write legibly and make accurate calculations as they relate to concentrations and formulations.
Exhibit a working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions at all times.
Graduation from an accredited four-year university, with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology or chemistry and preferably supplemented by courses in, engineering.
Previous experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
Previous experience with microfluidic systems is highly desired.
Tagged as: Engineering, Life Sciences
This position will involve studies of eukaryotic epigenetic regulation using genetic, biochemical, cell biological, and computational techniques. Work will involve...Apply
Recruitment is open for a full-time Research Scientist/Engineer 3 in the UW Department of Pediatrics. In this role, you will...Apply
POSITION SUMMARYThe Schilling Laboratory at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in innovative research...Apply
Several postdoctoral positions investigating the organization and function of auditory cortical circuits in behaving mice are available in the Williamson...Apply
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, located on Long Island, New York, is seeking candidates for an immediate opening for a Research...Apply