The Gopal Laboratory at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow. This postdoctoral position is open to recent PhDs, MDs, or MD/PhDs with expertise in immunology.
The driving goal of our laboratory is to define immune mechanisms in chronic inflammatory disorders and cancer, while working towards identifying novel biomarkers of disease and therapeutic interventions. We utilize gene targeting in mouse models of disease, clinical patient samples, and relevant cell culture systems to study the cellular and molecular basis of immune-mediated disorders. A major focus of the lab has been microRNA regulation of immune responses and RNA medicine in multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel diseases, and colorectal cancer. A candidate with a strong background in immunology and research interest in any of these disease areas is encouraged to apply. A successful candidate will primarily work on a project involving microRNA regulation of myeloid cells and CD4+ T helper cells in CNS autoimmunity. He/she will also have the opportunity to work on other disease areas. For more information, please see our lab website https://gopal.bwh.harvard.edu.
Ph.D. in immunology (strongly preferred) OR relevant biological/biomedical sciences AND 3+ years of experience in immunology research.
Independently design and perform experiments
Accurately document experiments and data
Analyze and interpret data and draw relevant conclusions
Contribute to writing of manuscripts, fellowships and grants
Present results at internal and external meetings/conferences
Work collaboratively across lab functions and train other junior lab staff as needed
· Proficiency in standard immunology, including immune cell isolation, in vitro immune cell functional assays, multi-color flow cytometry; and molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, cloning, and western blotting
· Experience working with mouse models of immune-mediated diseases
· Experience in genotyping, breeding, and general animal husbandry
· Ability to independently complete research projects
· Ability to collaborate and routinely work as a team
· Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to follow safety procedures and to maintain a safe work environment
· Strong attention to detail, time management, excellent recordkeeping and organizational skills
If interested, please send a cover letter describing your research interests, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references via email to Dr. Murugaiyan Gopal at email@example.com.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Andrew Holland (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine). The Holland...Apply
Disciplinary Specialties of Research • Cell Signaling• Pharmacology• G proteins and G protein coupled receptors• Systems Biology Description of the...Apply
We invite 2 postdoc fellows to join our team at Northwestern University (Evanston campus). The lab uses human skin as...Apply
Postdoctoral positions are available in the Liu lab in the Microbial Sciences Institute at Yale University to participate in research focused on the...Apply
Position. We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized critical thinker to join our research group. Our studies focus on streptococcal...Apply
We are seeking outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral position focusing on advanced genome engineering screening in the lab of Richard...Apply