We seek for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in coral ecology, ecophysiology and biochemistry to join the Coral Ecophysiology team at CSM and participate in projects related to the nutritional ecology of corals (temperate and/or tropical corals). Our main goal is to understand the metabolism of amino acids and fatty acids by corals and particularly the transfer of these compounds between host and symbionts in both temperate and tropical corals, according to their source (heterotrophy/autotrophy). Ultimately, we would like to reconstruct food web dynamics through compound-specific isotope analysis.
• PhD degree in Biology, Ecology or Biochemistry
• Outstanding motivation and enthusiasm
• Scientific background in amino acid/lipid determination, HPLC, invertebrates and marine ecology, as well as isotope geochemistry.
• Ability and willingness to conduct laboratory work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Ability to write publications for peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Ability to work independently and self-guided, but likewise within an interdisciplinary research team
Initial appointment (ca. 2300 euros net + health insurance and pension) is for 12-months, with possibility of extension for a second year (subject to funding and performance). It will ideally start in January 2021, maximum February. The work will be supervised by Dr. Christine Ferrier-Pagès in collaboration with all team members.
Interested individuals are invited to submit an application package including a motivation letter explaining why they apply and how they meet the hiring criteria outlined above, a research project, CV, copies of certificates (PhD), and addresses of at least two referees as a single pdf to Christine Ferrier-Pagès: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline: 15 Dec. 2020. Note, application review will begin immediately. The position will remain open and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Further information about the research focus of the Ecophysiology team can be obtained at http://www.centrescientifique.mc
Tagged as: Environmental Science