The DNA Learning Center (DNALC) has immediate part time openings for College Interns at the DNALC NYC located in downtown Brooklyn on the corner of Tillary and Adams Streets. This brand new center will be a destination for school field trips, summer camps and hands-on programs for the public.
Job responsibilities will include:
– Performing laboratory prep work for educational programs, including preparation of reagents for use in experiments, maintaining bacterial strains and preparation of culture media.
– Packing of materials and equipment for offsite instruction and student research programs.
– General classroom upkeep, equipment testing, and laboratory set-up.
– Assisting educational staff during summer camp instruction and supervising campers during lunch.
– Participation in independent or team projects (mentored by DNALC staff) that focus on translating current research into new experiments for the educational programs.
EDUCATION: Current college student
EXPERIENCE: An interest in science
OTHER: Ability to work a minimum of four hours per week (with at least one day of availability between 2-5PM) during the school year. Ability to work Monday- Friday (8AM – 4 PM) for 5-6 weeks during the summer. Must be at least 16 years of age. Must have reliable transportation to/from the DNALC NYC.
For immediate consideration, please apply online to the position found here:
Posting ID: 00535-E
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVERAA Federal Contractor
Tagged as: Life Sciences
A full-time Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Lesley Weaver in the Genome, Cell, and Developmental...Apply
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek...Apply
The Sen laboratory investigates the regulation of T cell dysfunction in cancer and chronic infection and explores epigenetic approaches for...Apply
The Sloan lab at Colorado State University is recruiting a technician with experience in plant molecular genetics to join our...Apply
The Voorhees lab in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering is seeking a proactive, organized, and enthusiastic individual to...Apply