Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) invites applications for a position responsible for overseeing and managing building-related operations in CSHL Demerec Laboratory. Demerec Laboratory is a multi-lab complex conducting research in the areas of cancer, metabolomics, neuroscience and chemistry. The Demerec Building features many shared facilities including tissue culture facilities, BL2+ virus room, glassware washing, media production and common equipment areas. Researchers are dependent on a Building Manager to facilitate smooth operations supporting scientific progress. The position requires a highly organized person, ideally trained in general laboratory support with a background including supervisory experience. Specific laboratory training will be provided as needed to the selected candidate.
· Ordering shared scientific supplies on an ongoing basis with frequent vendor contact, and overseeing building inventory;
· Serving as point of contact to coordinate Demerec Building activities and resolve building-related issues that may arise;
· Supervising member of building staff handling glass-washing and media-making;
· Involvement in selection and purchasing of shared equipment and service contracts as needed, as well as arranging installation, service and repair of equipment, and scheduling training of lab members on proper use;
· Ensuring regularly-scheduled items such as liquid nitrogen and dry ice are delivered;
· Preparing stock buffers, and maintaining balances and pH meter as needed;
· Overseeing the use of Demerec Building virus room, including scheduled use by staff, availability of solutions and PPE, and autoclaving waste;
· Updating and submitting monthly reports regarding Demerec Building personnel, and communicating specific charges for each lab’s use of shared scientific supplies;
· Acting as liaison for Demerec Building with various CSHL departments, such as Facilities, Purchasing, and Receiving Departments;
· Orienting new faculty and staff to the building and relevant procedures;
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum supervisory experience of one year required. Two years scientific laboratory experience desired.
Minimum of Associate’s degree preferred, equivalent years of experience will be considered.
Strong, independent organizational ability and record-keeping skills required. Clear communication needed, written and verbal. Must respond to user needs promptly and efficiently, appropriately handling various demands. Must have familiarity with common computing programs (MS Word, Excel) and ability to be trained on numerous programs in use at CSHL.
Interested candidates should upload their application online at: https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/18644 Position ID: 3020-R
Candidates from non-traditional and/or underrepresented backgrounds, broadly defined, are strongly encouraged to apply.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program, including medical and dental insurance and access to an affordable and licensed on-site childcare center. In addition, CSHLMeetings and Courses program provides an opportunity for interacting with a broad range of researchers and exposure to timely advances in many areas of scientific research.
Founded in 1890, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics, and bioinformatics. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus. Website: https://www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. VEVERRA.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Job Summary Statement Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, the SRAIII will perform statistical analysis of genomic datasets...Apply
Overview Ikui Lab at Brooklyn College is looking for a research technician with experience with cell biology and genetics. Our...Apply
The Vaziri Laboratory of Neurotechnology and Biophysics (LNB) at the Rockefeller University is focused on the development and application of...Apply
Emergence of new optical technologies combined with advanced statistics and machine learning tools have led to major advances of our...Apply
The Kulkarni lab, is a NIH-funded laboratory in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Washington University. We...Apply
The Data Science and Learning Division at the Argonne National Laboratory has an opening for a postdoctoral researcher to develop...Apply