The Ho Laboratory is seeking a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral research scholar to join us in using single particle cryo electron microscopy (cryoEM) and in situ cryo electron tomography (cryoET) to explore how membrane protein complexes mediate host-pathogen interactions in the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Projects will be focused on using cryoFIB milling and cryoET to directly visualize the host-pathogen interface in parasite-infected human red blood cells, as well as single-particle cryoEM structure determination of native membrane protein complexes purified directly from Malaria parasites. Our lab is located in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City, New York. More information here: www.cmholab.org/research. If interested, please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Chi-Min Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an innovative, resourceful and resilient scientist who enjoys learning new things, meeting new people, and being part of an open, collaborative team. The successful candidate will join a vibrant, collaborative research community and enjoy access to the state-of-the-art electron microscopy facilities at Columbia, including:
• Multiple Titan Krios microscopes with a Gatan BioQuantum energy filter, Gatan K3 direct electron detector, and Volta phase plate
• A dual-beam Aquilos cryo-FIB/SEM microscope, Leica cryo-correlative fluorescence light microscope, Zeiss LSM800 cryo-confocal with AiryScan detector
• A Glacios screening microscope with a Gatan K3 direct electron detector
• An F20 screening microscope with a K2 Summit direct electron detector
Salary and benefits are competitive based on experience.
• A Ph.D or equivalent in biophysics, structural biology, materials science, or physics.
• A strong background and proven track record in one of more of the following areas: SEM, TEM, nanofabrication using a FIB-SEM or cryoFIB-SEM, cryoET and/or single particle cryoEM.
• Previous experience with Python and/or MATLAB is a plus.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences, Physics
The Rutgers Division of Cognitive Neurology is looking for a motivated post-doctoral researcher to develop exosomal biomarkers for neurodegenerative diseases...Apply
Dr. Cracan’s lab is developing novel methodologies to enable modulation of the cellular redox environment with spatiotemporal precision. The methodology...Apply
The laboratory of Dr. Shawn Liu at Columbia University is seeking a talented postdoc to study the epigenome in brain...Apply
Three postdoctoral fellow positions are immediately available in Dr. Qingfei Zheng’s laboratory in the Department of Radiation Oncology and Center...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow Positions at Cao Lab at the School of Medicine of University of Utah We are broadly interested in...Apply
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new...Apply