We have an opportunity for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Dr. Christine Chio at Columbia University Medical Center. The Chio laboratory carries out pioneering research on the mechanisms of pancreatic cancer initiation, progression and metastasis. Our group uses sophisticated genetically engineered mouse models and 3D cultures generated from patient-derived tissues. Using these models, we employ optical redox sensors, chemical proteomics, Single-Cell sequencing, and metabolomic approaches to elucidate the mechanisms of redox metabolism in pancreatic tumorigenesis (Boj, Chio et al., Cell, 2015; Chio et al., Cell, 2016; Chan et al. Nat Comms, 2019). More information about the Chio lab can be found here: www.chiolab.com.
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated, team-oriented candidate who seeks full-time employment and enjoys the excitement of a world-class scientific laboratory and welcomes the challenge of an energetic environment that maintains a strong commitment to collegiality and teaching. Our laboratory is in a highly interactive and collaborative scientific community in the heart of New York City. The Research Technician will perform independent research requiring excellent application of professional judgment, interpretation of experimental results and collaboration with other lab members. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in molecular/cellular biology and experience with in vivo animal studies and handling of animals. In addition, competitive candidates will be proficient with molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, metabolomics, and a wide spectrum of molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays. Excellent written and communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate with fellow scientists, and execute tasks in a timely manner are highly desired. This position affords the motivated technician an opportunity to participate in project-based research, as well as authorship on a manuscript.
· Perform molecular, cell biology and genetic studies in both in vitro and in vivo cancer models.
· Oversight and maintenance of mouse colony.
· Working with and handling research animals.
· Assist lab staff with animal surgeries, dissections, tissues sectioning, immunohistochemistry, and related work.
· Data analysis, identification of methodological problems in research protocols.
· Operate and help maintain common lab equipment.
· Assist in general lab organization and inventories maintenance.
· Generate and present written or oral progress reports, including assembly, organization, and interpretation of data.
· Conduct literature reviews to determine suitable research methods.
· Assist the PI with writing of protocols.
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related scientific field.
· Prior experience working with mice in a research setting
· Knowledge of molecular, cell biology and genetics.
· Make sound decisions based on knowledge and experience.
· Able to learn complex tasks with general instruction, and to use experience to perform a variety of new techniques
· Generate presentations.
· Ability to review data and information critically.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Chio (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please provide a PDF file with Complete CV, names and contact information of three professional references and a brief description of prior research.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Al-Sady and El-Samad labs at the University of California, San Francisco UCSF are recruiting a postdoctoral fellow and research...Apply
Fang Lab Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences Institute for Data Science and Genomic Technology Icahn School of Medicine at...Apply
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Microscopic Imaging Specialist for the Imaging Core Facility in the...Apply
A Jr. Research Associate position is currently available for employment beginning in July, August, or September in the lab of...Apply
Are you looking for immersion in exciting science and cutting-edge technology? Yao Chen’s Laboratory in the Department of Neuroscience at...Apply
Position Summary This is a research technician 1 position for conducting research in Dr. Yicheng Long’s lab (www.longlab.org) at the...Apply