Postdoctoral Research Opportunity
Laboratory of Ajay Dhaka
Department of Biological Structure and Neuroscience Program
University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195
A postdoctoral position is available in the Dhaka Lab in the Department of Biological Structure at the University of Washington. The long-term aim of research in the Dhaka Lab is to better understand how temperature and pain sensation are encoded by the nervous system. The postdoctoral research fellow will work on individual and collaborative projects that use genetic, pharmacology, behavioral assessment and neuronal activity profiling to investigate how hedonic valence is assigned to noxious stimuli by the central nervous system. Model organisms for this work will be zebrafish and mouse.
· PhD degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, developmental biology, or related field.
· Research experience in a genetic model system including the use of optogenetics is highly desirable.
· Research experience with in vitro and in vivo confocal microscopy, including calcium imaging would be ideal.
· Experience in molecular biology, cell biology and the creation of transgenic animals.
· Independent, self-motivated, and able to work as part of a collaborative team.
· Experience in writing and submitting manuscripts and meeting abstracts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Boyce Lab at Duke University is seeking a postdoctoral fellow for a fully funded position, available immediately, to study...Apply
A Post-Doctoral Fellow position in epigenomics/transcriptomics is available in the Gardini Lab at The Wistar Institute in Philadelphia. The current...Apply
A postdoctoral fellow position is available for a project that investigates the neural circuits and mechanisms controlling sleep-wake behavior. The...Apply
The Niwa laboratory (https://niwaorg.com/) in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham is...Apply
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Sophie Astrof at Rutgers University (https://sites.rutgers.edu/astrof-lab/) to study roles of...Apply