Postdoctoral Research Opportunity
Laboratory of Ajay Dhaka
Department of Biological Structure and Neuroscience Program
University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195
A postdoctoral position is available in the Dhaka Lab in the Department of Biological Structure at the University of Washington. The long-term aim of research in the Dhaka Lab is to better understand how temperature and pain sensation are encoded by the nervous system. The postdoctoral research fellow will work on individual and collaborative projects that use genetic, pharmacology, behavioral assessment and neuronal activity profiling to investigate how hedonic valence is assigned to noxious stimuli by the central nervous system. Model organisms for this work will be zebrafish and mouse.
· PhD degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, developmental biology, or related field.
· Research experience in a genetic model system including the use of optogenetics is highly desirable.
· Research experience with in vitro and in vivo confocal microscopy, including calcium imaging would be ideal.
· Experience in molecular biology, cell biology and the creation of transgenic animals.
· Independent, self-motivated, and able to work as part of a collaborative team.
· Experience in writing and submitting manuscripts and meeting abstracts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward correspondence to email@example.com
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Project Double-stranded siRNA (dsRNA) entry into eukaryotic cells results in targeted RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC)-mediated cleavage of messenger RNA (mRNA). ...Apply
We are recruiting a highly motivated and creative scientist to join the Elahi lab as a Postdoctoral Research Scholar to...Apply
We are looking for a motivated and talented postdoctoral fellow to join our group. We investigate inherited biochemical disorders of...Apply
NIH-funded postdoctoral or research scientist positions are immediately available at the Institute for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine and the Department of...Apply
Postdoctoral research positions are now available in the English Lab at the University of Utah. Interested candidates should submit their...Apply
The broad scientific interest of the lab relates to how information is processed by neural circuits in the brain to...Apply