We are hiring a Research Technician II in the laboratory of Dr. Congcong He in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois (http://labs.feinberg.northwestern.edu/congconghe/home/). He Lab is located in the Chicago downtown campus, adjacent to Lake Michigan, Navy Pier and the vibrant Magnificent Mile. The successful candidate will coordinate with other lab members to participate in federal and private-funded projects, aiming to understand the function and molecular mechanism of autophagy (a key lysosomal degradation pathway) in the regulation of cell metabolism and metabolic and neurological disorders. The principal responsibilities include 90% of time in research projects (mouse colony maintenance, tissue collection, cell culture, and molecular and cell biology experiments) and 10% of time in lab management (ordering and maintenance of reagent and mouse inventory).
In particular, we have three major research directions:
1. How autophagy regulates insulin sensitivity, energy metabolism, and exercise-induced metabolic benefits
2. Autophagy in the regulation of neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration
3. The role of the autophagy machinery in neuronal receptor metabolism and reward and cognitive behaviors
Candidates who are interested in pursuing further education in Northwestern University graduate programs are welcome.
· 1-2-year experience in a wet lab-based working environment. Basic technical skills in molecular biology and cell biology are required, such as gel electrophoresis, western blot, PCR, cloning, and tissue culture.
· Prior experience in mouse handling and experimentation, such as tissue collection, is highly preferred.
· Self-motivated and willing to learn new knowledge and techniques.
For interested candidates, please send a cover letter describing laboratory experience, and a CV with contact information of 1-2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Gymrek (https://gymreklab.com/) and The Goren (https://goren-lab.github.io/) Labs are looking for a lab manager! https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=107383 DESCRIPTION The Department of Medicine...Apply
The Soderling lab is a cellular neuroscience lab at Duke University that studies how proteins are organized in the nervous...Apply
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new...Apply
We have a research assistant position available in the Aydin lab in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of...Apply
Dr. Xiaojun Tian lab at Arizona State University is seeking highly self-motivated Postdoctoral Fellows and Ph.D. students with excellent quantitative...Apply