The Foight lab is a new lab in the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy at Baylor College of Medicine. We are looking for an enthusiastic research assistant that will help build out the lab and contribute to our first studies. Our work is highly interdisciplinary, so we are looking for someone who is flexible and eager to learn new techniques. We do basic research at the intersection of protein engineering, mammalian synthetic biology, and cellular cancer immunotherapy. Our goal is to create new molecular interventions to improve the performance of engineered T-cell therapies for diverse cancer types. Our lab is housed in shared lab space within CAGT, so you will be surrounded by a supportive and interactive group of researchers from other labs. For this position, experience with cloning is required. Experience with some subset of tissue culture, lentivirus production, flow cytometry, preparation of samples for Illumina sequencing, or programming in Python would be advantageous. Flexibility in occasionally working evenings or weekends as required for biology experiments is helpful.
· Molecular cloning of mammalian expression constructs (construct design, PCR, Gibson or Golden Gate cloning, sequence analysis)
· Assist in identifying and ordering new equipment and supplies
· Maintain an up-to-date electronic lab notebook and report regularly to the principal investigator or other members of the lab
· Learn new techniques under the direction of the principal investigator or other members of the lab
· Help orient and train new members of the lab
· Preparation of libraries for Illumina sequencing
· Lentivirus production, transductions and transfections
· Tissue culture (cell lines and primary human T cells)
· Other responsibilities may include flow cytometry, microscopy, or protein purification
· Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in a bioengineering, molecular or cell biology, immunology, or other related life sciences fields.
· Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience (undergraduate research acceptable)
· Required experience: familiarity with cloning
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter briefly outlining your background and interest in the position, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
See https://www.gordian.bio/s/2021GordianRAdocx.pdf for full details Contact email@example.com to apply Gordian Biotechnology is a therapeutics company focused on diseases of aging,...Apply
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, located on Long Island, New York, is seeking candidates for an immediate opening for a Research...Apply
POSITION SUMMARY The Buck Institute is looking for an Executive Administrator to support the executive and laboratory administrative activities of the Chief...Apply
The Sellers Laboratory in the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology at Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, CA is...Apply
The Sloan Lab at Emory University is recruiting a highly motivated and creative scientist to join our team as Research...Apply