Dr. Guangyu Wang’s Lab (https://guangywang.wixsite.com/website) within the Department of Cardiovascular Sciences in Houston Methodist, Weill Cornell Medical College is seeking a self-motivated, skilled postdoctoral associate with a Ph.D. in the fields of bioinformatics, computational biology, statistical genetics, or RNA biology. We develop and apply computational technologies to functionally interpret large genomic datasets to uncover key disease mechanisms and discover novel therapeutics such as RNA therapeutics.
The successful applicant will join a collaborative, interdisciplinary team and perform cutting-edge basic and/or translational research. The candidate will work closely with computational and molecular biologists in the lab to novel algorithms and computational tools or help relate the data analyses to known biological principles in human cell lines. The general research theme is to tackle biological problems with advanced computational and statistical methods. This position offers an exciting opportunity to involve in the age of biological “big data”and to contribute to the current revolution in our biological understanding of human diseases and tissue development.
· Development, publication, and implementation of novel quantitative methods for basic and/or translational biology.
Presentation of results to collaborators and scientific audiences comprising broad backgrounds (quantitative, computational, and biological).
Analyze, evaluate, and organize research data.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Qualified candidates should have:
· A Ph.D. in Statistical Genetics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biology, physics, mathematics, or a related field.
· Proficiency with programming and scripting languages appropriate for scalable data analysis (e.g., Python, R, Unix, or the likes).
· Experience with RNA biology and/or epigenetics data is a plus.
· Experience in the fields of deep learning is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Creative, highly motivated, independent.
· Ability to work with both computational and experimental scientists in a multidisciplinary team.
· Ability and will to drive and lead a project.
Required application documents
Please send the following documents to Dr. Guangyu Wang (email@example.com) or upload the following documents with your application package to https://careers-houstonmethodist.icims.com/jobs/5995/job :
Cover Letter or research statement
List of 3 References (please do not have referees send unsolicited letters of recommendation)
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION? Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already...Apply
We are looking for one or more postdoctoral scholars to work on physics of cell motility using theory and computation...Apply
Postdoctoral Scholar – Computational Electrophysiology Grandi Lab and Morotti Lab, Department of Pharmacology University of California Davis Job...Apply
Disciplinary Specialties of Research • Computational Structural Biology • Molecular Pharmacology • Molecular Modeling Description of the Position The Kufareva...Apply
Postdoctoral Scholar will be an integral part of a team of postdocs and graduate students working to understand mechanisms of...Apply
An NIH-funded postdoctoral researcher position is available to study virus interactions with host factors in Dr. Li Wu’s lab in...Apply