i3S is looking to recruit a senior researcher with an established international reputation in Neural Cell Biology and strong expertise in securing, managing and leading collaborative research projects and teams/institutional units. Admission requirements include:
– PhD degree obtained at least 10 years before application;
– Established international reputation based on research excellence in the field of Neural Cell Biology; – Strong record of publication of influential papers;
– Large experience in leading research groups;
– Proven track-record in securing and managing significant funding;
– Experience in establishing collaborative relationships with relevant industry R&D stakeholders;
– Track-record in workshop and conference organising committees and delivering invited talks;
– Ability to make a positive contribution to research and development through collaborative projects and consortia with relevant industry research or development groups;
– Capacity to identify research problems and opportunities within the area of expertise, developing a strategic vision on the future of the research field, and recognising the broader implications and applications of their research;
– Excellent ability to communicate and network with the research community and wider society;
– Commitment to the professional development of their own career;
– Availability and capability to mentor and be a role model for other researchers;
– Ability to foster an innovative and creative research environment.
The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the position for the grant’s full duration.
The recruiting process will be conducted following the Portuguese labor code, and selection criteria that prioritise merit and transparency, as well as a non-discrimination and equal access policy.
Tagged as: Life Sciences