• A Postdoctoral Fellow position is currently available within the laboratory of Dr. Jose Javier Bravo-Cordero at the Tisch Cancer Institute within the Icahn School of Medicine of Mount Sinai. The lab focuses on the study of the mechanisms mediating tumor dissemination and metastatic dormancy. The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to and shape several ongoing projects within the lab. The Postdoctoral Fellow will report directly to the Principle Investigator (PI).
Our lab focuses is on understanding the mechanisms of tumor dormancy with emphasis on the role of the tumor ECM microenvironment; using a strong combination of: -microscopy techniques (in vivo multiphoton, confocal, light sheet microscopy), -analytical imaging approaches, as well as -molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
1. Conduct and design experiments under the direction of lab PI using advanced research techniques; performing basic molecular and cellular biology methods including tissue culture as well as biochemistry techniques such as cytotoxicity assays, PCR, Western Blot, analysis of samples through flow cytometry. Imaging techniques such as two-photon microscopy, STED microscopy, biosensors imaging, Second Harmonic Generation imaging (SHG), light-sheet microscopy. Must be able to read and understand scientific data being applied to conduct the research.
2. Report to PI research progress and maintain a current knowledge of literature in relevant fields.
3. Maintain good records and contact with collaborators.
4. Nurture collaborative relationships with fellow scientists within the institution, locally, nationally and internationally.
5. Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting publications under the direction of the PI. Assists the Principal Investigator with publications by extracting and compiling moderate to complex research data (i.e. related to oncology, immunology, microbiology, etc); assisting in interpreting the data; reviewing and editing articles used in scientific publication.
6. Master computer and technical skills necessary for experimental execution as well as data input and analysis.
7. Mentors and trains less experienced research staff and graduate students in research techniques and use of equipment.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A PhD in molecular or cell biology is required, with preference for a strong background in cancer biology, and particular emphasis in tumor metastasis and tumor microenvironment. Skills on developing and applying analytical and imaging techniques to study biological processes, as well as experience with bioinformatic analysis will be highly valued.
• Proficiency in Molecular and Cell Biology (such as PCR, flow cytometry, electrophoresis, tissue culture, etc.) required.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral English are essential.
• Experience in animal research (mouse modeling of disease) and microscopy are highly desirable
• Candidates with previous experience in high-resolution imaging and intravital microscopy are encouraged to apply.
• Interested applicants should send the following materials by email to Dr. J. Javier Bravo-Cordero
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Mariya Ratushnaya email@example.com:
• Cover letter indicating current and future research interests; Expected start date;
• CV (including list of publications and skills);
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Job Description: The position of research post doc is available in the Biology Department in the Hehnly lab. Responsibilities include...Apply
The Arrojo e Drigo lab focuses in understanding the mechanisms regulating post-mitotic cell homeostasis and longevity. Many post-mitotic cells can...Apply
The lab of Dr. Jian Zhou at UT Southwestern Medical Center is looking for postdoctoral scientists with interest in genomics...Apply
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new...Apply
A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the lab of Dr. Rebekah Gundry within the Department of Cellular and...Apply