Lab of Dr. Bill Keyes
Department of Developmental Biology and Stem Cells, IGBMC
1. Post Description
A position for a Postdoctoral researcher is available in the Department of Developmental Biology and Stem Cells, IGBMC, Strasbourg, France, in the lab of Bill Keyes. The lab studies the process of cellular senescence in development, regeneration and disease. We are now seeking a postdoctoral candidate to investigate the links with senescence and Alzheimer’s disease (AD), having recently been awarded funding from La Fondation pour la Recherche Medicale (FRM). This project is carried out in collaboration with the team of Yann Herault, IGBMC, and will involve working with mouse models of AD, senescence reporter models, and single cell sequencing approaches. As such, preference will be given to candidates with experience in any of these areas.
Examples of previous studies from the lab include: Doles et al, Genes & Development, 2012 26(19): 2144-53; Storer et al, Cell, 2013, 155(5), 1119–1130; Ritschka et al, Genes & Development, 2017 31(2):172-183; Ritschka et al, Genes & Development, 2020, 34(7-8):489-494 ; Rhinn et al, BioRxiv, 2021, doi.org/10.1101/2021.05.28.446099
2. Candidate requirements
· Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. (already obtained or soon-to-be), with at least one first author publication.
· Highly motivated person with strong interest in science research.
· Interactive person, with ability to work independently.
· Good communication skills, and fluency in English is required.
· Previous experience with single cell sequencing, or mouse models of Alzheimer’s or senescence will be favored.
3. Work Environment
The candidate will join an international group of scientists, working on competitive topics. The candidate will benefit from access to a modern well-equipped laboratory, as well as access to the IGBMC’s renowned Core Facilities and support.
4. Application procedure
· Deadline: December 15th, 2021
· Starting date: February 1st, 2022 (flexible)
· Please send a CV with a letter describing your motivation and research interests, and the contact information for 2-3 referees.
· Please submit your application to the following email addresses: bill.keyes(at)igbmc.fr
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Project: Interested in direct lineage reprogramming of glial cells into induced neurons as a novel cell-based strategy for brain repair?...Apply
Understanding Ikaros family transcription factors regulation through machine learning and biophysical modelling. The Ikaros family of transcription factors (TFs) are...Apply
We are looking for a postdoc with background in virology and structural biology to join our team at the Institut...Apply
Field: Cancer, Skin, metabolism Contract: One to three years Localization: Bordeaux University, France Laboratory: INSERM U1035-Oncodermatology INSERM team This team...Apply
The Project We study a simple but unsolved question: what did the single-celled ancestors of animals look like? We address...Apply
Chromatin architecture has long been linked with regulation of gene expression, in particular via the organization of chromosomes into topologically...Apply