POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Manel lab, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Postdoc 1: Viral Sensors in mouse models
Postdoc 2: Aging Immunity in mouse models
Open for applications until filled. Start in fall 2021 / early 2022.
The intracellular innate immune system is essential to detect pathogens but it also contributes to mechanisms of aging. While innate sensors in the cytosol are well characterized, the presence of innate sensors in the nucleus has recently emerged. A major question is to understand how the nuclear innate immune system works during viral infections and aging. The approaches used in the lab involve primary human and mouse immune cells and cutting-edge techniques in single cell approaches (sequencing and microfluidics), imaging (live imaging and super-resolution microscopy), virology, chromatin analyses, CRISPR/Cas9 approaches, cytometry and biochemistry.
We are seeking postdoc candidates who are interested in investigating the role of viral sensors in vivo (postdoc 1) or mechanisms of aging immunity in vivo (postdoc 2). The two projects involve novel mouse models.
The applicant will benefit from a highly collaborative and international environment at Institut Curie (>1000 researchers, 13 departments, 95 teams). The Manel lab is associated with the Immunity and Cancer Department (9 teams). Institut Curie provides access to state-of-the-art platforms and technical support. Institut Curie is located at the heart of Paris, in a scientifically and culturally rich and unique environment.
– PhD in Immunology based on mouse models.
– An experience in mouse virology and an institutionally-validated training in animal experimentation are a plus but not essential.
Salary: based on experience following Institut Curie/INSERM grids.
To apply: submit a cover letter containing a statement of interests and future goals, a CV with a list of publications and names of two references from mentors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Compromised nuclear envelope integrity drives tumor cell invasion. bioRxiv. DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.22.110122
– Inhibition of HIV infection by structural proteins of the inner nuclear membrane is associated with reduced chromatin dynamics. bioRxiv. DOI: 10.1101/2020.12.03.410522
– Bloom syndrome protein restrains innate immune sensing of micronuclei by cGAS. The JEM. 2019. DOI: 10.1084/jem.20181329.
– The N-terminal domain of cGAS determines preferential association with centromeric DNA and innate immune activation in the nucleus. Cell Reports. 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.01.105.
– NONO detects the nuclear HIV capsid to promote cGAS-mediated innate immune activation. Cell. 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2018.08.062
– Constitutive resistance to viral infection in human CD141+ dendritic cells. Science Immunology. 2017. DOI: 10.1126/sciimmunol.aai8071
– Intrinsic anti-proliferative activity of the innate sensor STING in T lymphocytes. The JEM. 2017. DOI: 10.1084/jem.20161674.
– Transmission of Innate Immune Signaling by Packaging of cGAMP in Viral Particles. Science. 2015. doi: 10.1126/science.aab3628.
– The Capsids of HIV-1 and HIV-2 Determine Immune Detection of the Viral cDNA by the Innate Sensor cGAS in Dendritic Cells. Immunity. 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.immuni.2013.11.002
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Project This position will investigate the application of a range of supervised learning techniques, representations and data augmentation strategies to...Apply
The position We are offering a 3-year post-doc position which will be involved in the characterization of neoantigens in a...Apply
The Cellular Plasticity and Disease Modelling laboratory is looking for a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral fellow to work with...Apply
The Molecular Mechanism of Chromosome Dynamics group headed by Daniele Fachinetti (https://science.institut-curie.org/team-fachinetti) is recruiting a post-doctoral researcher, highly motivated to...Apply
Our team and line of research Yasmine Cantaut-Belarif is a CNRS Research Associate at the Paris Brain Institute. She joined...Apply
Job title: Post-doctoral position in bioinformatics for the analysis of enzyme families from metagenomic data. Type of contract: CEA non-permanent...Apply