The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB, www.imb.de) is a centre of basic research on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. Our research focuses on the biology of the nucleus, ranging from the molecular to the organismic level. We are currently recruiting new postdocs for our IMB Postdoc Programme (IPPro).
What we offer:
· Cutting-edge research projects in an international and interdisciplinary environment, with English as the working language
· Support by strong core facilities (www.imb.de/core-facilities) that provide state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics & AI, cytometry, genomics (e.g. single-cell & small RNA Seq), microscopy (e.g. super-resolution & high-throughput confocal imaging), proteomics, protein production, and a full media lab service
· Advanced training in scientific techniques and professional skills
· Active support as your career develops, e.g. with mentorship, successful networking, and acquisition of independent grants
· Fully funded positions
We seek talented and ambitious scientists with an interest in the following areas:
· Ageing and longevity
· RNA biology (e.g. small & non-coding RNA, R-loops)
· Telomere biology
· Epigenetic gene regulation
· DNA repair & DNA damage response
· Proteomics & protein quality control
· Systems biology & computational biology
· Biochemistry / Chemistry
· PhD or MD in a relevant subject
· Demonstrated academic excellence (e.g. publications, grants, awards, research stays at other institutions, etc.)
If this sounds like you, please see details on the projects offered in this call, information on how to apply, and an online application form at www.imb.de/postdocs. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Mainz has a population of 200,000 and is host to a diverse range of people, around 40,000 of which are students. The city itself is charming and open-minded and is within easy reach of cosmopolitan Frankfurt, the Rhine valley region with its castles, vineyards, and nature reserves, and the equally picturesque cities of Wiesbaden and Heidelberg. With Frankfurt airport – the largest airport in mainland Europe – only 20 minutes away, countless European and overseas destinations are within easy reach.
Starting date: 1 May 2021 or later. The deadline for applications is 28 January 2021. Interviews will take place online. Interview dates will be announced once available.
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
The ERC-funded laboratory of Christof Niehrs studies regulatory DNA and RNA modifications, which play important roles in development & disease....Apply
The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is a leading international biomedical research center with...Apply
The Biological Optomechanics Division at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light is looking for a Data Analyst...Apply
The Niehrs laboratory studies regulation of DNA methylation, which plays important roles in development & disease. We have recently demonstrated...Apply
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is seeking a Staff Scientist, Ph.D., or Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics. We are offering a...Apply
Postdoctoral Scientist – Microbiology and Genomics Job offer 23/20 The Leibniz-Institute DSMZ-Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen GmbH, Braunschweig offers...Apply