Working under the general supervision of a faculty investigator or laboratory supervisor, the technician is responsible for performing routine and experimental analyses on fixed, fresh or cultured human or animal tissues. The applicant will perform translational and basic cancer research towards development of novel therapies for the treatment of breast cancer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performing experiments in molecular and cancer biology using human breast cancer cell lines. Techniques include western blotting, polymerase chain reaction methods, extraction of RNA and DNA, and preparation of samples for genome-wide analyses like ChIP-seq/ATAC-seq/RNA-seq.
2. Significant contributions will be rewarded with co-authorship. The applicant will enjoy working with clinicians and lab researchers as a team.
3. Work at the highest levels of accuracy and precision, involving organizational skills as well as technical performance in molecular and cancer biology.
4. Follow established laboratory protocols, handle existing patient databases, practice good record-keeping, and communicate clearly orally and in writing. Good organizational skills are critical.
5. Demonstrate superior judgement.
6. Perform laboratory tests and/or experiments following established procedures or protocols. Work requires basic use of scientific methods, procedures and techniques gained through previous training and experience.
7. Use basic understanding of theory behind experiments and apply basic analytical skills to implement assigned projects, and identify and trouble-shoot situations needing special attention.
8. Operate requisite laboratory equipment and instruments; record data; maintain and makes minor adjustments to equipment.
9. Prepare solutions, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
10. Prepare, clean, sterilize, and maintain laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments used in research experiments.
11. Monitor inventory levels and order materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedure
12. Responsible for laboratory maintenance.
13. Work with minimally bio-hazardous and/or radioactive materials
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, chemistry or related field.
Equipment, Machine, or Tool Requirements: General computer skills, with experience with Microsoft Office
Some related post-undergraduate work experience is preferred. Skills in Molecular Biology techniques such as Western Blotting, RNA/DNA extraction, and cell culture is highly preferred.
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
General Description The City University of New York’s newest facility, the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), boasts the success of...Apply
Emergence of new optical technologies combined with advanced statistics and machine learning tools have led to major advances of our...Apply
The Department of Psychiatry and Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh offers a highly collaborative, top-notch research and...Apply
Dr. Xin Zhou of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School seeks a highly motivated research technician for her...Apply
The laboratory of Dr. Anupam Patgiri in the Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Emory School of Medicine is...Apply