Exciting Postdoctoral Fellow Opportunity
Dr. Borahay Lab
Women Health Research
Johns Hopkins University
We are seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and organized postdoctoral research fellow to work on exciting projects in women health research at Johns Hopkins University. The lab of the PI, Dr. Mostafa Borahay, MD, PhD; is expanding with recent additional NIH funding.
The fellow will work to understand the pathogenesis and examine novel therapeutics for uterine leiomyomas, the most common tumor of the female reproductive system. The lab is also studying the regulation of menstruation including immune regulation. For more information about the lab, including recent publications, please visit https://borahay.wixsite.com/borahaylab.
Johns Hopkins University, the top US university in research funding, provides an outstanding environment for state-of-the-art research and an opportunity for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
• Critically reviewing available literature and design research work accordingly.
• Planning, conducting, and troubleshooting and completing experiments in several projects.
• Performing data analysis, preparing manuscripts, presenting at national conferences.
• Preparing applications for funding.
• Participating on collaborations both within and outside the institution as discussed with the PI.
• Adopting techniques currently used in the lab and learning new ones as necessary
• Working as a team member with other lab members.
• Accurately documenting experiments and results in a detailed laboratory notebook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Fundamental molecular and cellular biology including biochemistry, cell culture, proliferation, cell death, flow cytometry, protein science, Western Blotting, RNA, DNA …
· Data analysis and graphical representation, manuscript and grant preparation
· Candidate is expected to learn new skills as necessary.
Candidate is expected to demonstrate successful publication in reputable journals.
Those interested can participate in ongoing clinical trials which includes interaction with patients, handling Institutional Review Board (IRB) communications and other relevant clinical research activities.
M.D and/or PhD Degree
Clinical and laboratory environment; requires working with human and animal cells/cell lines, blood, and or bodily fluids; effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Work is at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Ob/Gyn, Baltimore, MD, USA. Hired fellows get the standard salary and benefits of postdocs at Johns Hopkins University.
Women and Minorities are highly encouraged to apply. Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send CV, cover letter/personal statement, 2-3 references to Dr. Borahay email@example.com
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Post-doctoral positions available for highly motivated and creative candidates to join the Mathieu Bakhoum Laboratory at Yale University School of...Apply
We are looking for one or more postdoctoral scholars to work on physics of cell motility using theory and computation...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow – Imaging Dendrites and Cortical Circuits Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Alex Kwan at Yale...Apply
The Sellers Laboratory in the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology at Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, CA is...Apply
A postdoctoral position is available in Hua Wang’s lab at the Lundquist Institute/Harbor-UCLA Medical Center to study DNA damage repair,...Apply
The laboratory of Dr. Anupam Patgiri in the Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Emory School of Medicine is...Apply