What we need
– A high level of motivation and interest.
– PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational biology or similar.
– Expertise on analysis of GWAS, WGS, epigenetic (DNA methylation and histone modifications) and/or Hi-C/capture Hi-C data. In addition, knowledge of cancer, especially of leukaemia/lymphoma, and/or haematopoiesis will be a plus.
– Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
– High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
– Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required). Spanish (helpful).
What we offer
– Two years full-funded position. Salary will be adjusted according to the experience of the candidate.
– An exciting and innovative research project funded by the prestigious European Haematology Association (EHA)
– Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
– Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
– The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
– We will provide support and training to prepare competitive fellowship applications (e.g., Marie Curie, EMBO, FEBS, HFSP among others)
– She/he will be part of the multidisciplinary research team of the project ¨Dissecting The Role Of Non-coding Genome In B-precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia Under The THREE-DIMENTIONAL Genome Architecture Point Of View [ALL-3D]¨ funded by The European Hematology association (EHA) and led by Biola M. Javierre. Grant with reference 4823998.
-Specifically, she/he will contribute to the analysis of GWAS and WES data associated with blood diseases in the context of the 4D epigenetic data.
– She/he will supervise students and support grant applications.
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher be part of the multidisciplinary research team of the project ¨Dissecting The Role Of Non-coding Genome In B-precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia Under The Three-Dimensional Genome Architecture Point Of View [ALL-3D]¨ funded by The European Hematology association (EHA) and led by Biola M. Javierre (IJC)
We are a group of passionate scientists with an insatiable thirst for learning about spatio-temporal organization of the DNA. Our group combines cutting-edge experimental and bioinformatics approaches to understand the specific 3D chromatin organization of haematopoietic cells and its alteration in blood cancers. Our long-term goal is to keep taking steps forwards in the fight against cancer. We will be unstoppable until we cure it. To do so, we have established a close collaboration with the group lead by Alfonso Valencia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (https://www.bsc.es/).
The main research goals of our lab are:
– Defining the cell type-specific 3D chromatin organization in human haematopoietic cells.
– Identifying the altered DNA topology in blood cancer
– Study non-coding mutations to prioritize new candidate genes and pathways related to blood cancer based
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) email@example.com in the subject of the message:REF.: PR_BJ_22.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
What we need -PhD degree in Biomedicine or similar with strong expertise in a wide variety of molecular & cell...Apply
Research Description The team of José Luis Sardina at the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is looking for a highly motivated Junior Postdoctoral Researcher. Epigenetic Control of Haematopoiesis Group is working to uncover the molecular mechanisms governing blood cell fate decisions,...Apply
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our...Apply
Research Description We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher be part of the multidisciplinary research team of the...Apply
Research Description The team of Marcus Buschbeck at the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is looking for a motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to work on...Apply