The Bioinformatics Core Facility is looking for a full stack flask developer to work on our open-source python projects – https://github.com/mpg-age-bioinformatics. The group supports all institute members with state-of-the-art computational biology tools and analysis. Our range of services includes training, data analysis, software development, and maintenance of the computational infrastructure.
1. Redesign `Flaski`’s HTML templates and CSS.
2. Maintain and grow the number of analytical Apps and visualizations offered by `Flaski`.
3. Design front-ends for local databases comprised of scientific data.
4. Use `Flaski` as backbone or design a dedicated Flask App for the exchange of requests / forms between researchers and the core facility as well as other internal departments.
5. Redesign `bit` as a full python3 tool.
6. Maintain and further develop `AGEpy`.
7. Support the development of `py4cytoscape`.
8. Develop project-specific command line tools for the wrangling and visualization of biological data outputted by automated/robotic systems.
– Experienced full stack flask developer (HTML, JS, CSS, Python3, Jinja, MySQL, redis).
– Experience with git, Docker, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes.
– Experience with API development.
– Experience with data manipulation and visualization and respective Python libraries (eg. Pandas, SciPy, plotly, matplotlib).
– Experience with biomedical data is a plus.
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing was founded in 2008 for the purpose of understanding fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing. It is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, including the CECAD Cluster of Excellent in the University of Cologne, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment for research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and excellent core facilities, to which the successful candidate would have access, the institute provides outstanding research
opportunities for its scientists. At the moment, we host employees from 34 different nations.
– a highly dynamic international research atmosphere in one of Germany’s biggest research societies
– in-house only HPC cluster and dedicated systems administrator
– access to the Max Planck Computing & Data Facility
– dedicated time for own research/development
– professional development: we highly encourage our members to take time and/or courses for further development
– all genders are encouraged to take parenting time
The employment contract is based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD-Bund, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) and will initially be time limited to 2 years. The Max Planck Society is committed to employ more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications should include:
– a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae
– a link to 2 git repositories or/and 2 projects with a description of contribution
– contact information for 2 references
– certificates and transcripts of degrees
– and should be uploaded as one single pdf-file using our application website https://www.age.mpg.de/careereducation/open-positions/ (quoting job code: 03-2021) until 16.04.2021.
Informal inquiries regarding the offer are welcome and should be sent to Jorge.Boucas@age.mpg.de.
For further information about the Institute see www.age.mpg.de.
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences
The lab of “Structure and Dynamics of Chromosomes” led by Eugene Kim at the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics is...Apply
The Biological Optomechanics Division at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light is looking for a Data Analyst...Apply
About this position The Crocker group at EMBL Heidelberg is recruiting a technical / research assistant. The group’s’ research focuses...Apply
Mass spectrometry-based proteomics is one of the most powerful technologies for studying the cellular proteome, protein interactions, and post-translational modifications....Apply
Research Technician in Imaging Infection: Germany The iBiOs imaging centre at the School of Biology/Chemistry, University of Osnabrück opens a...Apply