Metabolic modeling of lipid diversity
The group of Dr. Markus A. Keller is looking for a motivated and creative scientist (computational or network biology, bioinformatics) to join the Biochemical Genetics team at the Medical University of Innsbruck as a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow (funded by the Austrian Science Funds, FWF).
The successful candidate will develop and apply innovative metabolic modeling approaches within our group’s research focus on membrane lipid metabolic networks in the context of inherited mitochondrial diseases (see our recent work on this topic: Oemer et al., PNAS 2018; Koch et al., Anal. Chem. 2020; Oemer and Koch et al., Cell Reports 2020). This will include closely working together with other team members in the context of a dynamic, multidisciplinary research project.
· PhD in a related field such as Computational Biology, Data Science, or Bioinformatics
· Hands-on experience in applying advanced bioinformatics and data science methods
· Proficiency in at least one programming language
· Experience with processing “omics” data (e.g. metabolomics, proteomics)
· Documented productivity (e.g. in the form of published research)
· Ability to think independently and critically, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and an enthusiasm for learning and developing new directions.
You will be part of a young and dynamic team where your ideas and contributions matter. This position gives you the opportunity to do meaningful work in a welcoming work environment with an open door policy. This includes access to cutting-edge technical equipment and modern research facilities. The Medical University of Innsbruck offers various social benefits and the city of Innsbruck as well as its surroundings are an extremely pleasant place to live. The minimum gross salary for this position is regulated according to the collective agreement (Par. 49 UG, Gehaltsgruppe B1; EUR 55.242,60 per year).
Applications consisting of a CV detailing previous academic achievements, a motivational statement, and the names and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Dr. Markus A. Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference code: PD-21-34574C)
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Postdoctoral Fellow Mitochondrial physiology and lipid diversity We are looking for a motivated and creative scientist to join...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow Biochemical-Genetics & Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Diseases The group of Dr. Markus A. Keller is looking for an...Apply