We are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher interested in using novel single cell multi-omics techniques to study leptomeningeal metastasis of triple-negative breast cancer.
Project Description: The leptomeninges and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) are uniquely immunosuppressive and are emerging as a more frequent, common site of triple-negative breast cancer progression. While significant strides have been made in the treatment of extra-cranial metastases, tragically, no current therapies are effective at altering the natural history of leptomeningeal metastasis (LM) from solid tumors, with the mean survival remaining at only 6-8 weeks, even with treatment. Using state-of-the-art single-cell technologies and innovative in vitro and in vivo models of LM, we aim to define the main metabolic adaptations in breast cancer cells that mediate the immune-suppressive and pro-tumorigenic program in LM microenvironment and identify the ideal axis for therapeutic intervention. This work will lay the groundwork for the development of clinically transformative therapeutic approaches for LM in triple- negative breast cancer patients.
The successful candidate will interact with a team of cancer biologists, immunologists, mathematical modeling experts, computational biologists, and clinicians at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) to conduct research in a highly collaborative environment. Ideal candidates would have demonstrated expertise in signal transduction, metabolism, drug resistance, metastasis, or single-cell analysis studies.
• Studying the unique biology of tumors metastatic to the leptomeninges, including the development of unique in vitro and in vivo models of disease
• Improving our understanding of metabolic interactions between the tumor and the immune microenvironment
• Developing cutting edge techniques for single-cell multi-omics
• In addition to the research, the position will have a focus on career development including grant writing, scientific writing/presentation, mentorship of junior members of the lab, networking, and building collaborations.
• Mentorship by an NCI-funded investigator in a collaborative, translational environment bridging the bench and bedside.
• Interactions and collaborations with other fellows working in the area of cancer biology, machine learning, and bioinformatics.
• Working with patient specimens (acquisition, processing, preparation for analysis, biochemical screening), establishing and maintaining tumor cell cultures, cellular signaling and phenotypic assays, establishing in vitro and in vivo models, metabolic assays, and proteomic analysis.
• Providing intellectual input on steering the project
• Developing novel technical approaches
• Mentoring graduate students and technicians
• Composing manuscripts and postdoctoral fellowships, assisting with grant applications
Credentials and qualifications
• PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field (required)
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
How to apply
Candidates should e-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A cover letter that describes their motivation to pursue this position, why they would be the perfect fit for these projects and summarizes past research accomplishments. They should also include a summary of what expectations/goals they have for this fellowship.
2) A current CV with recent publications and contact information for three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Tagged as: Chemistry, Physics
The Ho Laboratory is seeking a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral research scholar to join us in using single particle cryo...Apply
The Wright Lab (http://wrightlabscience.com) is seeking an enthusiastic postdoctoral associate to lead an exciting project aimed at understanding the language...Apply
I have an opening for a postdoctoral fellow who has a strong background in cellular imaging and redox biochemistry to...Apply
The Diehl laboratory is seeking a highly motivated and energetic postdoctoral research associate to develop fluorescent probes for the detection...Apply
A Medicinal and Synthetic Organic Chemistry postdoctoral fellow position is available in Dr. Yana Cen’s lab in the Department of...Apply
An NIH funded post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Maria Pellegrini in the Chemistry Department at Dartmouth...Apply