The Duckett lab is seeking to hire a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in the department of Drug Discovery at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute. Applicants with experience and interest in anti-cancer target discovery and immunology to identify, validate and interrogate mechanism to enhance immune tumor surveillance are encouraged to apply.
The main focus of the lab is identifying novel anti-cancer targets, developing, new selective molecular probes of these targets as tools to interrogate how their altered signaling drives tumor progression, metastasis, therapy resistance and mechanisms of immune escape. Using pharmaceutical practices, we aim to optimize these new probes as potential therapeutics. The successful candidate will be involved in an exciting new project to determine the mechanism of how aberent regulation of kinase signaling may trigger immunosuppressive myelopoieisis and T-cell dysfunction and how this may be exploited as new anti-cancer treatments.
• The position is for a Postdoctoral fellow to join an interdisciplinary team to interrogate signal transduction pathways relating to altered transcription, immune checkpoints and cancer.
• Opportunity to gain drug discovery experience to lead a research project and studies to investigate signaling and the cancer immune microenvironment.
The Ideal Candidate:
Successful candidates will have a strong background in cancer immunology with a keen interest in drug discovery research.
• Prior experience is required with some of the following techniques:
o mammalian cell culture.
o isolation of immune cell populations.
o multi parameter flow cytometery, sample preparation and data acquisition.
o biochemistry/ enzymology.
o drug discovery cell-based assay development.
o molecular and cell biology.
o experience in vivo mouse efficacy studies.
o candidates with prior experience in cancer immunology will be given preference.
o excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
o while experience in the above skills is highly preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
• This individual will perform investigational studies using human cell lines, primary patient derived spheriods and tumor samples.
• Designing and perform experiments independently and analyze data.
• Identify and validate targets from existing RNA seq and proteomic data sets.
• Perform experiments aimed at elucidating compound mechanism of action.
• Participate in data interpretation and crafting manuscripts for publication.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant field.
Moffitt is the only Florida cancer center to receive the National Cancer Institute designation for its scientific excellence and offers unique opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations at the forefront of finding new cancer cures.
How to Apply: https://moffitt-cancer-center-careers.hctsportals.com/jobs/819388-postdoctoral-fellow-in-cancer-drug-discovery-immune-microenvironment Interested applicants should include a single PDF file by email that includes:
(i) a cover letter summarizing outlining candidate’s motivations and suitability
(ii) a summary of research accomplishments (4 pages maximum)
(iii) current CV with recent publications and contact information for three references
For questions regarding the opportunity, please contact Dr. Derek Duckett’s office via email – Melissa.Meister@Moffitt.org
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
A postdoc position is available in the Sohn lab at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. We investigate the molecular mechanisms...Apply
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is inviting applications for a multi-year, NIH-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in the laboratory of Ed...Apply
The Locci lab is interested in understanding the basic mechanisms of T follicular helper (Tfh) cell differentiation and B cell...Apply
Translational GlycOmics (Translational GlycO) Program for Career Development in Glycoscience Bridging Glycosciences with Medical Needs NHLBI TRAINING FELLOWSHIPS FOR PHYSICIAN-SCIENTISTS...Apply
A postdoctoral or more senior research position is available in the Myhrvold laboratory. The Myhrvold Lab at Princeton University develops...Apply