The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Immunology team. This position reports directly to the Principal Scientist, Immunology, and works closely with other members of the NYSCF Research Institute, including stem cell biologists, automation engineers, software developers, bioinformatics, and operations.
You are a self-motivated applicant with a strong interest in immunology and stem cell research. You have hands-on experience with cell culture and the execution of in vitro immunological assays. You are also experienced in small animal handling, especially mice. Specific experience with pluripotent stem cell cultures is considered a plus.
This is a full-time position based on a 35-hour workweek; however, some weekend work may be required.
What you’ll do
• Perform cell culture to support ongoing projects
• Perform in vivo work with mice, including SQ/IP injections, blood collection, intraperitoneal procedures, and tissue harvest
• Establish and execute immunological assays together with project lead
• Analyze data and maintain extremely organized and accurate records using an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
• Provide routine scientific powerpoints/reports
• Provide regular feedback at inter-team meetings
• Work collaboratively with other NYSCF scientists and staff
• Work closely and consistently with the laboratory operations team to ensure reagents/consumables inventory is accurately and efficiently supplied
• Execute, troubleshoot, and communicate tasks independently and effectively
What we’re looking for
• BSc/BA in Biology or relevant scientific discipline; MSc is a plus
• Experience with mammalian cell culture outside of coursework labs(experience with iPSC/hESC and blood cells is highly desired)
• Experience with mouse handling
• Experience with flow cytometry is considered a plus
• Experience with immunohistochemical analysis including cryostat sectioning, fluorescence is a plus
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in both Mac and PC computer environments (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ELNs)
• Extremely organized, able to manage a substantial workload and effectively prioritize tasks
• Able to analyze and interpret data and report findings succinctly
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
• Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment requiring occasional weekend work
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire. The position is located onsite on a full-time basis at our location in Manhattan.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Multiple postdoctoral positions are available in the lab of Dr. Jian Xu at Children’s Research Institute (CRI), UT Southwestern Medical Center...Apply
The Devineni Lab at Emory University is seeking a full-time research technician to perform studies in fruit flies (Drosophila) investigating...Apply
Biological Electron Microscopy Technologist – Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory seeks a highly motivated dedicated individual to work in a state-of-the-art...Apply
A little about us: The Lieber Institute for Brain Development (LIBD) was established in 2010 to plot a new course...Apply
Computational Scientist Specialized in Image Analysis The Gnjatic lab is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, creative, and collaborative scientist...Apply