We are looking for talented postdoctoral Fellow(s) to join the Min laboratory in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. We are seeking highly motivated, independent and creative individuals with a Ph.D., D.V.M., or M.D. degree and a strong interest and training in immunology. The successful application must have excellent communication skills and the ability to design experiments and to interpret experimental data. Skills in flow cytometry, cell sorting, and in vivo mouse experiments are preferred.
Major research program of the lab is to identify the cellular and molecular factors modulating Foxp3+ Treg functions particularly within inflammatory settings and to investigate the underlying mechanisms. We employ various murine models of chronic inflammation including experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, allergen induced airway inflammation, and respiratory virus infection.
• Foxp3+ regulatory T cells mediate glucocorticoid-induced treatment via a miR342-dependent metabolic reprogramming. Immunity (2020) 53:581-596.
• Development of novel highly potent glucocorticoids for steroid-resistant severe asthma. PNAS (2019)116:6932-6937.
• Cutting Edge: IL-27 attenuates autoimmune neuroinflammation via Treg/Lag3-dependent but IL-10-independent mechanisms in vivo. J. Immunol. (2019)202:1680-1685.
• Foxp3+ regulatory T cells are the primary in vivo target cells of IL-27 for its anti-inflammatory functions during experimental allergic airway inflammation. JCI Insight (2019)4(2):e123216.
• Treg specific IL-27Ra deletion uncovers a key role for IL-27 in Treg functions to control autoimmunity independent of IL-10+ Tr1 cells. PNAS (2017)114:10190-10195.
Interested applicants should send their CV, a brief description of research experience, and contact information for three references to Dr. Booki Min (email@example.com).
Tagged as: Life Sciences
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Helen Lai in the Neuroscience Department of UT Southwestern Medical Center....Apply
Postdoctoral position in RNA biology A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Jeff Coller (Johns Hopkins Medical...Apply
Postdoctoral Research Scholar needed for Structure-Based Drug Discovery The Spies research group, in the College of Pharmacy’s Division of Medicinal...Apply
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in...Apply
Houston Methodist Hospital is the flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center, recognized by Forbes as one of ‘America’s Best...Apply
The SwarmLab at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in animal behavior...Apply