We have an opportunity for a Research Scientist to join the laboratory of Dr. Thales Papagiannakopoulos at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine. The Papagiannakopoulos (PapaG) laboratory carries out pioneering research on the mechanisms of cancer initiation, progression and metastasis. Our group uses sophisticated genetically engineered mouse models of cancer, which recapitulate the genetics, histological progression and tissue microenvironment of human tumors. Using these mouse models, we employ innovative CRISPR/Cas9 genome engineering, Single-Cell sequencing, metabolomics and immune-phenotyping approaches to elucidate the complex interactions of tumor intrinsic oncogenic events with systemic changes in physiology, diet and metabolism during tumor progression (Romero R. et al., Nature Medicine, 2017; Lignitto L et al., Cell, 2019). More information about the Papagiannakopoulos lab can be found here: https://thalesplab.com
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated, team-oriented candidate who seeks full-time employment and enjoys the excitement of a world-class scientific laboratory and welcomes the challenge of an energetic environment that maintains a strong commitment to collegiality and teaching. Our laboratory is in a highly interactive and collaborative scientific community in the heart of New York City. The Research Scientist will perform independent research requiring excellent application of professional judgment, interpretation of experimental results, innovation of new approaches, and preparation of research for presentation and publication. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in molecular/cellular biology, cancer biology, and publications in high-impact journals. Experience with in vivo studies and the functional characterization of gene function are required for this position. In addition, competitive candidates will be proficient with molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, metabolomics, and a wide spectrum of molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays. Excellent written and communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate with fellow trainees and scientists, and execute tasks in a timely manner are highly desired.
· Lead independent research efforts and perform molecular and cell biology studies in both in vitro and in vivo cancer models.
· Data analysis, identification of methodological problems in research protocols and assist other lab members in data analysis when needed.
· Operate and help maintain common lab equipment.
· Oversight of shared mouse colonies by supervising laboratory members who directly maintain colonies.
· Assist in general lab organization and inventories maintenance.
· Generate and present written or oral progress reports, including assembly, organization, and interpretation of data.
· Provide technical training for lab members in complex technical protocols.
· Support internal and external collaborations with other laboratories.
· Conduct literature reviews to determine suitable research methods.
· Assist the PI with writing of protocols, grant applications, and manuscripts.
· Ph.D. in Biology or appropriate scientific field.
· At least 2 years of postdoctoral research experience is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of molecular, cell biology and genetics.
· Make sound decisions based on knowledge and experience.
· Generate presentations and draft research manuscripts.
· Ability to review data and information critically.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Papagiannakopoulos (email@example.com). Please provide a PDF file with Complete CV, names and contact information of three professional references and a brief description of prior research.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an...Apply
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a...Apply
The Center for Cancer Research (CCR), National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites applications for a Staff...Apply
Vertex seeks a talented scientist at the Manager level to join the Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) stem cell...Apply
Develop novel immunotherapeutics for blood cancers and lymphomas in the laboratory of John F. DiPersio, MD, PhD. Use your talents...Apply
The Wang Laboratory at the Department of Systems Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, is seeking for a talented...Apply