Proxygen harnesses the cellular protein quality control system to develop therapies against cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are focused on particular small molecules called “molecular glue degraders” which mediate recruitment of a disease-causing protein to a ubiquitin ligase where it is ubiquitinated and directed to the proteasome for degradation. Hence, instead of merely blocking the function of harmful proteins, molecular glue degraders enable their complete and selective elimination.
Proxygen is located in the VBC6 Startup Labs, a new co-working space for biotech companies embedded in the Vienna Biocenter campus, one of Europe’s hotspots for life sciences. Within this context, Proxygen creates a vibrant, dynamic, and inclusive work environment with a strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time PostDoc-level Scientist (f/m/d) excited to join our team.
Who we are looking for
· PhD degree with a focus on biochemistry, molecular or cell biology
· Solution-oriented, persistent researcher with an independent, well-structured and goal-oriented working style
· Proven scientific track record that includes at least one first author publication in one of the aforementioned fields
· Experience in genetic engineering of mammalian cell lines using CRISPR/Cas9 and reporter assay development is preferred
· Familiarity with cancer research or the biology of the ubiquitin-proteasome system is desirable
· Experience in functional genomics (including CRISPR/Cas9 screens), chemical screening or proteomics will be considered an advantage
· Fluency in Python and/or R is a plus
· Good written and oral communication skills in English are required
· Excellent organizational skills and attention for detail
· High accuracy, reliability and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
· Positive attitude, reliability, professionalism, and team player mentality
What your main responsibilities will be
· Implementation, execution and analysis of phenotypic drug screens
· Drug target identification via a combination of (chemical) proteomics and functional genomics, assay development and standardization
· Accurate and meticulous recording of work processes and results according to internal documentation practices
· Leading a team of additional scientists
· Contribution to communication/reporting with external pharma partnerships, internal and external presentations
What we offer
· International & multidisciplinary team of scientists consisting of molecular biologists, computational biologists, and chemists
· Participation in cutting edge research with the overall goal to improve therapeutic options for cancer patients
· Opportunity to contribute to one of the hottest fields in drug discovery
· Support of professional development according to individual goals and aspirations
· Competitive salary based on the applicant’s skills and experience
· Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
The Austrian capital has come out on top of “the world’s highest quality of living” rankings for the past ten years and recently won “the world’s greenest city” award in 2020. Reasons for Vienna’s prime positioning include:
· Affordable high-quality housing, reliable and affordable public transport
· International airport with non-stop flights to all major cities in Europe
· First-class public healthcare and public educational system
· Parks, recreational areas, and other green spaces constituting 50% of the urban area
· Large variety of cultural facilities and leisure activities inside and outside the city
· Young, international population & very high penetrance of English as a second language
The annual minimum (gross) salary for this position amounts to 54.500 € per year. Salary and conditions are commensurate to the experience of the candidate and can be negotiated.
Please submit your comprehensive application, including a detailed letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Proxygen harnesses the cellular protein quality control system to develop therapies against cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are focused...Apply
We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral candidate with an interest in Spatiotemporal control of GTPase signaling. The general...Apply