We have an opportunity for a Research Specialist to join the laboratory of Dr. Barbara Meyeron-site at the University of California at Berkeley in Berkeley, CA. The Meyer laboratory carriesout pioneering research on the mechanisms of cell-fate determination, genome editing, the role of chromosomestructure and modification in gene regulation, and the molecular evolution ofchromosome-wide mechanisms of gene control in the nematode C. elegans, with an emphasis on X-chromosome dosage compensation.Approaches include genetics, genomics, single-molecule imaging, and structural studies includingX-ray crystallography. More information about the Meyer lab can be found here:
We are looking for an individual who seeks full-time employment and enjoys the excitement of aworld-class scientific laboratory and welcomes the challenge of an energetic environment thatmaintains a strong commitment to collegiality and teaching. The Research Specialist will performindependent research requiring excellent application of professional judgment, interpretation ofexperimental results, innovation of new approaches, and preparation of research for presentation and publication.
• Perform genetic, molecular, genomic, and single-molecule experiments and analysis (includingCRISPR-mediated genome editing, ChIP-qPCR, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-C, and single-molecule imaging)for research projects.
• Identify methodological problems in research protocols and assist in implementingmodifications to optimize experimental results.
• Use software applications to analyze Illumina and other high-throughput data and assistothers in data analysis.
• Prepare and present written or oral progress reports, including assembly, organization, andinterpretation of data.
• Train others in complex technical protocols.
• Conduct literature reviews to determine suitable research methods.
• Operate and help maintain common lab equipment.
• Ph.D. in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, or Biochemistry is required.
• At least 2-5 years of postdoctoral research experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience with bioinformatics.
• In-depth knowledge of molecular biology and genetics.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on knowledge and experience.
• Ability to make research presentations and draft research manuscripts.
• Ability to review data and information critically.
• Ability to develop innovative procedures to achieve goals.
Please make sure to include the following materials all together in one PDF to be considered:
• Complete CV with list of publications.
• Names and contact information of three professional references.
• Brief description of prior research.
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet). Work may involve possible exposure to malodorous vapors, low dose radiation, contamination by toxic chemicals and acids and presence of carcinogenic substances.
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Compensation and Benefits
Our employees are compensated from a total rewards perspective in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional health benefits, retirement plans, time off, and a range of recognition and wellness programs. Visit our site to learn more.
$73,680.00 (minimum) – $92,100.00 (midpoint) – $119,760.00 (maximum)
HHMI’s salary structure is developed based on relevant job market data. HHMI considers a candidate’s education, previous experiences, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity when making job offers. Typically, a new hire for this position in this location is compensated between the minimum and the midpoint of the salary range.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand...Apply
POSITION TITLE: Research Technician or Research Assistant I, Infectious Disease Team ABOUT US:Calibr, a division of Scripps Research, is a...Apply
A Researcher or Scientist position is available in the lab of Dr. Jian Xu at Department of Pathology and Center...Apply
The Histology and Tissue Processing Core located in the Center for Pediatric Neurological Disease Research (CPNDR) has an open position...Apply
Work Location: The Rangaraju Lab is relocating from Emory University to Yale University Starting October 1st 2023. Link to current...Apply