At Ribbon Biolabs we are taking synthetic biology to the next level!
Ribbon Biolabs is a biotech start-up with locations in Vienna, Austria and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With its approach, company is developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
As Ribbon Biolabs is continuously growing, currently there is a need for an Automation Application Scientist (AAS) to join highly agile and interdisciplinary team. He or she will have the unique opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world.
As AAS, you will report to the CTO with regards to the establishment and utilization of laboratory automation infrastructure to support synthetic biology pipeline processes. Thereby, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the empowerment of the core technology of the company through robotic automation and associated process miniaturization and parallelization.
What you will deal with every day:
· Advance the establishment, operation and ongoing evolution of robotic infrastructure in support of pipeline automation of the synthetic biology workflows in the lab, including liquid handling instrumentation and diverse associated equipment
· Manage and maintain all operational processes associated to laboratory automation, including data processing and instrument maintenance
· Design and direct the development of automation applications of lab processes
· Plan automation scheduling of high throughput projects
· Testing and debugging of automation script
· Lead automation projects to completion
· Train and supervise other staff
· Collaborate with other team members to support lab operations, meeting goals and deadlines
What do we expect from you:
· At least Master’s degree level or equivalent experience, with a strong track-record in hands-on wet-lab experience
· Prior experience in the operation of robotic automated liquid handler instrumentation is essential
· Experience in developing automation applications
· Experience in automation process development and pipeline planning
· Experience and knowledge with the programming of robotic liquid handlers and the processing, management and analysis of associated data is required
· At least 3 years’ experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent
· Experience with high-content, automated biobanking is a plus
· Experience in a relevant industry research setting is a plus
· Organizational and project management skills, accuracy, reliability and precision also under time pressure
· Positive can-do attitude, inclusive mindset and the drive to work towards goals
· Good communication skills and highly proactive co-working culture
· Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Basic German language is of advantage
What we offer:
· Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law
· Possibility to carry goal-oriented research within an agile team of scientists
· Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new, evolving synthetic biology market
· Join a highly motivated team, including team activities
· Flexible working hours
· Support for professional development trainings
We offer a competitive salary of at least Euro 2.785,00 gross/month adjusted according to your experience and qualification. The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a.
Employment is permanent
Job type: Full time (40h per week)
Location: This role is for laboratory operations in IST Park in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna)
Does it look like your next career move? If yes, we highly encourage you to apply by sending your CV, letter of motivation, bibliography and list of three reference contacts via email. In case if the offer is not what you are looking for, we would appreciate if you could recommend this job opportunity to someone who might be interested in.
Your contact person:
HR consultant, Marina Listratenko, MA
Interested to know more about us? Visit https://ribbonbiolabs.com/
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we value diversity and are highly committed to set up working environment with mutual respect to everyone regardless their race, nationality, religion, gender, age or other characteristics protected by applicable regulations and laws.
Tagged as: Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, Mathematics
At Ribbon Biolabs we are taking synthetic biology to the next level! Ribbon Biolabs is a biotech start-up with locations...Apply
Solgate is a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane...Apply
Data scientist with a passion for Bioinformatics Solgate is a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC)...Apply