We are seeking Post-doctoral Researchers to join the Gupta Laboratory in the Department of Internal Medicine at Rush University Medical Center. The project is focused on developing novel therapeutics for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and Autoimmune Diseases using cell based assays. We are using state of the art Drug Discovery tools, model systems and assays. Two positions are available. Additional details and key papers from the lab are at guptalab.com. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have at least 2 year experience working in a cell biology laboratory setting. To be successful in this role, you must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills and at least 2 years of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, animal handling and ELISA. The position is full-time, flexible hours. Offers competitive salary and growth potential.
· Planning, directing and performing experiments related to cell biology, biochemistry and immunology research.
· Data collection, preparation of manuscripts, and presentation and/or publications.
· Maintains a safe laboratory environment and ensures compliance with governmental and University policies, procedures, rules and regulation.
· Responsible for animal handling and for working with animal tissues.
· Performs other job related assignments as needed.
· The successful candidate may also be required to supervise Research employees and/or nonexempt staff.
· PhD or MD in life sciences or equivalent is required. Candidates with less than two years of prior post-doctoral experience are preferred.
· Must have 0-3 years post doc experience. Must be able to work at a high level of independence. Must be eligible to work in Chicago, IL.
· Strong communication, data analysis, computer and organizational skills.
· Prior experience is required with some of the following techniques: high-throughput screening, mammalian cell culture, cell transfection assays, flow cytometry (FACS). Expertise in molecular biology (PCR, cloning, plasmid purification, RT-PCR), immunoprecipitation/Western blots and extraction of DNA, RNA and protein from patient tissue samples.
· Candidates must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, efficient and interact well with others as part of a team.
· Expertise with confocal imaging techniques and with high-content screening platforms will be a big plus.
Rush was recently ranked among the top 20 hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) has awarded Rush full accreditation for three years. Rush is one of the first academic medical centers in Illinois to receive this accreditation. As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge. Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation’s top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Two postdoctoral positions in biological computation / “algorithms in nature” are available in Dr. Saket Navlakha’s research group at the...Apply
The Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/ is seeking postdoctoral fellows and research associates with...Apply
Job Description: The position of research post doc is available in the Biology Department in the Hehnly lab. Responsibilities include...Apply
Disciplinary Specialties of Research • Computational Systems Biology • Network Biology • Cell Signaling • Systems Pharmacology Description of the...Apply
The Atwood Lab (http://www.atwoodlab.com) located at the University of California Irvine in the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology seeks a...Apply