SCIENION US, INC is looking for an outstanding candidate for a postdoctoral position working on projects associated with technology advancements and biological applications of high-throughput single-cell multi-omics in collaboration with the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL), a national scientific user facility at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, WA:
• Developing and implementing new methods and assays for single-cell multi-omic experiments, with a focus on RNAseq
• Develop chemistries and protocols that enable scaling down of regular library preparations to single cell and ultralow volume reactions
• Analyze diverse single-cell datasets in close collaboration with computational and engineering focused teammates
• Design and execute hypothesis-driven and properly controlled studies, analyze data with rigorous statistics, and write up publication quality reports
• Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates and communicate research plans and timelines to an international team of collaborators
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
• PhD in molecular biology, genetics, or biotechnology is preferred
• Experience with next-generation sequencing techniques, with experience in plate based single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g., Smartseq2)
• Expertise with a wide range of molecular biology skills, including DNA and RNA extraction, reverse transcription, in vitro transcription, PCR, QRT-PCR
• Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems. Experience with single-cell computational biology methods
• Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
• Excellent prioritization and organization skills
• US Citizenship required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Benefits: Health insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Paid time off
SCIENION US, INC is a life science company well positioned in the markets of ultra-low volume liquid handling systems and with its subsidiary Cellenion, single cell isolation technologies. We provide our customers with an integrated product portfolio facilitating and improving multiplex analysis, high throughput screening and high throughput production of diagnostics devices and biological sample preparations – from early research to manufacturing.
We provide our customers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic and reagent supply markets, as well as in academic research institutions, with high quality products and services, to facilitate confidence and efficiency in all aspects of their applications. Based on SCIENION’s long standing expertise and proprietary platform technologies our product portfolio comprises hardware, consumables and services. SCIENION US, INC is subsidiary of SCIENION AG, based in Berlin Germany.
EMSL is a national scientific user facility and research directorate at PNNL supported and stewarded by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER). The EMSL User facility is designed to provide innovative and breakthrough experimental and computational science that addresses BER programs.
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new...Apply
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the labs of Dr. Juan Du and Dr. Wei Lü at the Van Andel...Apply
The Rajagopal lab (https://www.seattlechildrens.org/research/centers-programs/global-infectious-disease-research/research-areas-and-labs/rajagopal-lab/) has an opening for a postdoctoral position to study molecular mechanisms during microbial pathogenesis. Area of...Apply
The Ho Laboratory is seeking a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral research scholar to join us in using single particle cryo...Apply
Multiple fully-funded postdoctoral fellow positions are available for highly motivated candidates in the Gulhati laboratory at the Rutgers Cancer Institute...Apply
Description A funded postdoctoral position is available under the joint mentorship of Drs. Uri Manor and John Reynolds at the...Apply