About the role
50 + projects are being supported in the Immunology Therapeutic Area within the PK Sciences department. We provide PK and PKPD strategies from early discovery all the way through to registration and beyond. About half of this portfolio represents biologics projects spanning from classical monoclonal antibodies to complex biologics constructs and extending to T-cell therapies., including CAR-Tcell modalities and T-cell engagers. Our Team likes to expand by adding an experienced Team member who will drive our biologics projects.
As a Sr Principal Scientist/Assoc Director within the PK Sciences, Immunology group your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Independently represents PK Sciences a core member of discovery, translational medicine and global project teams and leads PKS sub-team to define PKS strategy for compound progression and development.
• Analyze and interpret PK//PD/IG data generated during discovery, early and full development; present results to the program.
• Proactively identifies potential project hurdles, provides solutions and contributes to contingency plans.
• Independently authors and prepares key clinical, and regulatory documents including, but not limited to: clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, modeling reports, investigator brochures, IND / IMPDs and NDAs within agreed timelines, and meeting all regulatory requirements.
• Publishes internally or externally as main contributor to enhance Novartis and PK Sciences visibility.
The position will be located at our Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Ability to work in and adopt to a changing scientific & regulatory environment
• A curious mind and a genuine interest in collaborative interactions across disciplines
• PhD, MD or PharmD in life sciences/healthcare with a focus on biologics therapies
• Credible background and in-depth expertise in clinical pharmacology with significant (5+ years) drug development experience for biological drug candidates ideally with some experience in T-cell directed therapies (CART-T or T-cell engagers)
• Up-to-date background on state-of-the-art scientific and regulatory aspects of biologics drug development
• Experience with standard PK analysis software (Phoenix) and understanding of applications of M&S techniques
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800 and $226,800/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Why consider Novartis?
736 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2022. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities,join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
About the Role INTERNAL ROLE TITLE: Research Scientist, Oncology Pathology Biomarkers LOCATION: Cambridge, MA #LI-Onsite About this role: The Oncology...Apply
What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order...Apply
ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand...Apply
Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology, Oncology Research Gaithersburg, MD At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here...Apply
Company Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to...Apply
In Vivo Sr Scientist, Oncology Research Do you have expertise in, and a passion for oncology research & development? Would...Apply