Job Description for Post-Doctoral Associate in Sun’s Lab
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Associate
Job Code: 9546
Reports to: Ruping Sun
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
• A doctoral degree in bioinformatics, genetics, computer science, biostatistics, applied mathematics, biophysics, or other related areas.
• Script language programming skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A true passion for cancer data science is required, and experience in cancer genetics, genomics and/or mathematical modeling are favorable.
• A record of publication and/or conference presentations
The Sun Lab (https://ruping.github.io/) at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis studies the dynamics of cancer by quantifying and modeling intratumor heterogeneity from high-throughput sequencing data. We design bioinformatic tools to facilitate the translation of tumor heterogeneity into its evolvability. As the field is a common bond between multiple disciplines in science, we collaborate with clinicians, biologists, mathematicians, and physicists to bridge the gap between biological sequence-based measures and disease phenotypes. The Sun lab is seeking motivated postdocs to work on the following broadly defined research directions:
1) Copy Number Evolution in Association with Clonal Dynamics
2) Computational Modelling of Epigenetic Stochasticity and Tumor Microenvironments
3) Bioinformatic Methods for Quantifying and Visualizing Intra Tumor Heterogeneity from NGS data.
What the lab offers:
• Promoting your research interests under the general scope of the lab.
• Hands-on mentoring of analytic and programming skills in cancer data science.
• Stimulating collaborations between lab members to enhance the ability for conducting integrative research.
For more information on the position, applicants may directly email Ruping Sun, PhD (email@example.com).
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
· Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
· Disability and employer paid life insurance
· Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
· Student loan forgiveness opportunity
· Opportunities for growth and promotion
· Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: http://policy.umn.edu/sites/policy.umn.edu/files/appendix/postdocappoint_appa.pdf
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences, Mathematics
Requirements: A minimum of a Doctoral degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD or equivalent) is required. Preference to applicants who are finishing...Apply
A position is available at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in the research group of Dr. Catherine Hedrick to perform...Apply
Position Summary Dr. Nicholas Banovich is an Assistant Professor in the Integrated Cancer Genomics Division at the Translational Genomics Research...Apply
There are open post-doctoral positions in the laboratory of Samuel Young at The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine,...Apply
Join an exciting growing laboratory in the Mount Sinai Precision Immunology Institute and the Department of Radiation Oncology studying cancer...Apply