Required Skills & Qualifications:
· MS degree in Neuroscience, Physiology, Biology, Microbiology or a related Life Sciences discipline
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in specific research areas (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology) is essential. Additional experience with extensive bench lab work is preferred. Background in neuroscience is a plus.
· Must have significant experience in mouse colony management.
· Must have significant experience in molecular biology. Experience with genome wide sequencing is a plus.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate experiment requirements which may occur on any day of the week.
· In-depth knowledge of the scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct scientific research– including experimental design, methods of data collection and analysis, and interpreting and reporting results.
· Demonstrated expertise at working across and within disciplines.
· A proven team player, able to collaborate and motivate successfully.
· Ability to plan workload effectively.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Confident and competent experimentalist.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
Description of Duties:
This is a position in the Jendzjowsky Lab investigating neuro-immune control of airway defense and will actively participate in laboratory’s important research.
· Perform routine molecular biology, immunohistochemistry, histology and immunology laboratory procedures, such as qPCR, DNA electrophoresis, DNA and RNA preparation and Western Blots, routine histology stains, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry.
· Animal handling and mouse colony management, including genotyping, maintaining, and expanding transgenic colonies are required
· Perform primary cell culture experiments.
· Helps perform microscopic imaging analyses using confocal microscope.
· Adhere to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the Institute and relevant outside parties.
· Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. Assist with ordering supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately.
· Receive supply orders and confirm accuracy of delivery.
· Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data independently and reports to direct supervisor.
· Ensures a clean working area and is responsible for washing and storing glassware.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
A Protein Biochemist/Molecular Biologist position is available in the Tsai laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas to...Apply
SUMMARY: A position is available in the areas of gastrointestinal cancer research and cellular/molecular biology, tumor microenvironment/immunology, mouse models of...Apply
The Kaelber lab is recruiting a scientist to work on the boundaries of structural biology and virology, using cryo-electron microscopy...Apply
The Friedman Lab at UT Southwestern Medical Center (https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/friedman-jonathan) seeks to recruit a postdoctoral fellow or research associate to study...Apply
The New SEAL Program for Professional Scientists – APPLY & LEARN MORE A Shift Is Happening. Too Many Papers are...Apply