Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We seek a meticulous and detail-oriented Research Specialist to join our Electron Microscopy Resource Center (EMRC), who enjoys working in an intellectually rich and multi-disciplinary environment.
The Electron Microscopy Resource Center (EMRC) provides state-of-the-art electron microscopy support for analysis of a wide variety of biological samples, including viruses, bacteria, animal tissues as well as cultured cells and isolated cellular components for ultrastructural analyses or immuno-electron microscopy. The EMRC is equipped with two transmission electron microscopes, a conventional scanning electron microscope, and a high-pressure freezing and a freeze-substitution unit. (http://www.rockefeller.edu/emrc/)
Reporting to the Director of the EMRC, the Research Support Specialist will perform specimen preparation, including fixation, resin embedding, negative staining, ultrathin sectioning, and immunolabeling, operate the microscopes and associated equipment, train users, and consults with scientists on the design of experiments, data processing/analysis, interpretation of results, and informs users about the latest methodologies through familiarity with relevant literature. The Research Support Specialists will participate in all of EMRC daily operations, including maintenance, upkeep of the electron microscopes, associated equipment, and laboratory space, ordering supplies, and administrative tasks, including center billing.
• M.S. or Ph.D. degree or equivalent background in biology, bioengineering or a related field
• A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in electron microscopy, including biological sample preparation, ultramicrotomy, immuno-electron microscopy, image analysis, and interpretation
• Ability to produce high-quality EM samples and images
• Affinity for tasks requiring fine motor skills
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently on a wide variety of research projects
• Ability to manage time efficiently, complete tasks on time, and to adapt to unscheduled requests
• Detail-oriented, focused, and highly motivated
• A strong background in computation and image acquisition/analysis programs (SerialEM, Image J) would be a plus
Tagged as: Chemistry, Engineering, Life Sciences
A position for a highly motivated postdoc is available in the Banerjee Lab at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY, for...Apply
Vertex seeks a talented scientist at the Manager level to join the Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) stem cell...Apply
Job Description Applications are invited for NIH-funded postdoctoral positions at The University of Chicago investigating the design principles of cellular...Apply
The Robert P. Apkarian Integrated Electron Microscopy Core (IEMC) at Emory University is recruiting an Assistant Scientist to assist users...Apply
The laboratory of Dr. Elias Spiliotis in the Department of Biology at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA), which conducts research in...Apply
The Ly Laboratory at UT Southwestern Medical Center (PI: Peter Ly) seeks to recruit one or more postdoctoral fellows to...Apply