The emergence of new optical technologies combined with advanced computational and molecular tools have led to major advances of our understanding of how the circuitry and dynamics of neuronal populations give rise to brain functions and behavior. Our lab has been focused on the development and application of advanced optical imaging technologies to advance neuroscience. Over the last years, we have developed a portfolio of optical technologies that allow for large-scale and whole-brain optical recording and manipulation of neuroactivity at high spatiotemporal resolution across model systems with an emphasis on development of imaging tools for highly scattering brain tissues [1-9]. In our most recent imaging technology, we have demonstrated that up to 1 million neurons distributed across different depths of both hemispheres of the mouse cortex can be recorded at single cell resolution .
How would you push microscopy and imaging technologies further, and which fundamental questions in neuroscience would you be able to uniquely address with such capabilities?
We are welcoming applications from creative, highly motivated, and ambitious candidates interested in pursuing projects based on their own ideas or within existing lines of work in the lab in either of the above areas.
Depending on candidates’ background, experience, and interest, positions are available in one or more of the following projects:
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV including list of their publications as well as the contact information of at least two references to email@example.com For more information and to see our list of open positions, please visit our website at: https://vaziri.rockefeller.edu/
1. Andrasfalvy, B., et al., Two-photon Single Cell Optogenetic Control of Neuronal Activity by Sculpted Light. PNAS, (2010). 107.
2. Losonczy, A., et al., Network mechanisms of theta related neuronal activity in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons. Nature Neuroscience, (2010). 13(8): p. 967-72.
3. Schrodel, T., et al., Brain-wide 3D imaging of neuronal activity in Caenorhabditis elegans with sculpted light. Nature Methods, (2013). 10(10): p. 1013-1020.
4. Prevedel, R., et al., Simultaneous whole-animal 3D imaging of neuronal activity using light-field microscopy. Nature Methods, (2014). 11(7): p. 727-730
5. Prevedel, R. et al., Fast volumetric calcium imaging across multiple cortical layers using sculpted light. Nature Methods, (2016) 13, 1021-1028
6. Skocek,O., et al., High-speed volumetric imaging of neuronal activity in freely moving rodents. Nature Methods, (2018). 15, 429–432.
7. Nöbauer, T., et al., Video rate volumetric Ca2+ imaging across cortex using seeded iterative demixing (SID) microscopy. Nature Methods, (2017). 14, 811-81.
8. Weisenburger, S. et al., Volumetric Ca2+ Imaging in the Mouse Brain using Hybrid Multiplexed Sculpted Light (HyMS) Microscopy. Cell (2019), in press
9. Demas, J., et al., High-Speed, Cortex-Wide Volumetric Recording of Neuroactivity at Cellular Resolution using Light Beads Microscopy, Nature Methods, (2021). Nature Methods, (2021), 18, p.1103-1111.
Tagged as: Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Physics
Two postdoctoral fellow positions are open in the laboratory of Dr. Jianhua Xiong at the Johns Hopkins University School of...Apply
A postdoctoral research position is available in Shamsi lab (https://www.shamsilab.com/) in the Department of Molecular Pathobiology at the New York...Apply
Please apply to the position here: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/Candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=188287 Background on University of Washington, the Brotman Baty Institute for Precision Medicine: The...Apply
The Department of Psychiatry and Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh offers a highly collaborative, top-notch research and...Apply
The Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/ is seeking postdoctoral fellows and research associates with...Apply
Dr. Xiaojun Tian lab at Arizona State University is seeking highly self-motivated Postdoctoral Fellows and Ph.D. students with excellent quantitative...Apply