About the position
The WEHI Proteomics Laboratory is major technology platform embedded within Advanced Technology & Biology Division. Our research is aimed at understanding how proteins and their modified forms regulate biological processes and when altered or dysregulated, how they cause major human diseases such as cancer, neurodegeneration and immune disorders. Our core technology focuses on mass spectrometry and the WEHI Proteomics Lab possess a state-of-the-art facility equipped with an Orbitrap Eclipse, Orbitrap Q-Exactive, two timsTOF Pro’s, Pal systems automated HDX with Maxis II QTOF, Impact II QTOF and MALDI MicroTOF. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-directed person to apply their considerable HDX and/or protein structure expertise in mass spectrometry to the WEHI Proteomics laboratory. The Research Officer will work collaboratively with other lab staff, bioinformatics staff and research teams at the Institute working on a wide range of biomedical projects with a particular focus on protein-protein interactions, protein-drug interactions and protein dynamics, and will be contributing to high impact research and translation. This position provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in world-class research projects, and for the successful applicant to build themselves a major international reputation.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or related field (preferable with proteomics experience/background) or equivalent experience
– Hands on problem solver that is proficient in scientific technology and has a strong theoretical understanding of protein biochemistry and practical knowledge of bottom-up proteomics
– Extensive experience with HDX based projects including characterisation of PTMs/glycosylation, intact and subunit mass analysis, structural proteomics (including crosslinking)
– Knowledge and direct experience with high resolution mass-spectrometers including Thermo Orbitrap and Bruker QTOFs is highly desirable
– Proficiency in using current search tools and relevant HDX software
– Ability to troubleshoot experimental protocols, interpret data and design new experiments
Terms of appointment
This position is available for 12 months in a full-time capacity with scope to extend. Salary is Academic level A6-A8 AUD$90,053-$96,661. Up to 17% superannuation and very attractive salary packaging options are available.
General enquiries can be directed to A/Prof Andrew Webb – email@example.com
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
Great opportunity for a post-doctoral researcher, ideally with cognitive psychology background, to undertake collaborative experimental research focused on developing psychological...Apply
About the position The WEHI Proteomics Laboratory is major technology platform embedded within Advanced Technology & Biology Division. Our research...Apply