An NIH-funded post-doctoral fellowship position is immediately available shared between the labs of Dr. Michael Gandal and Dr. Bogdan Pasaniuc within the David Geffen School of Medicine, the Department of Human Genetics, and the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA. We are seeking motivated applicants with a strong background in genetics, computational biology, and/or computer science who are interested in working at the interface of human disease and genetics. The appointed researcher will be embedded in an interdisciplinary team of statistical geneticists, bioinformaticians, as well as wet lab scientists, computational biologists, and clinicians. The exact project is flexible, but will involve developing/applying statistical genomic methods that integrate results from genome-wide association studies (GWAS) with large-scale functional genomic datasets of human brain, to gain biological insights into the biological mechanisms underlying genetic risk for psychiatric disorders.
• Collaborative and motivated researcher
• PhD (or soon to be) in genetics/genomics, computer science, statistics, engineering, biomedical informatics, quantitative neuroscience, or a related field.
• Programming competence demonstrated in at least one or more of these programming languages: Python, R, Java, C++, Matlab.
• Experience with high-performance computing.
• The ability to work with heterogeneous high-throughput biological data.
• Knowledge and deployment of advanced statistical concepts used in genomic data analysis including nonparametric tests, ANOVA, mixed models.
• Knowledge and experience working with genomic data – advantage.
• Ability to work in a Linux environment – advantage.
• Software tool development experience: source control (git), packaging, documentation – advantage.
• Demonstrated ability for independent and critical thinking, strong organization skills, oral and written communication skills in English, and ability to communicate clearly in an interdisciplinary environment.
UCLA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Please submit your CV/resume, and names and contact information for 2 references to Bogdan Pasaniuc (email@example.com) and Michael Gandal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences
Two postdoc positions are available in the research group of Dr. M.-N. Frances Yap at Northwestern University Feinberg School of...Apply
The Ly Laboratory at UT Southwestern Medical Center (PI: Peter Ly) seeks to recruit one or more postdoctoral fellows to...Apply
We are offering a position, available immediately, as a Postdoctoral Researcher in Cancer Biology and Genomics About us The Dries...Apply
We invite applications for the position of postdoctoral scholar in the broad area of development, genetics and evolution of adult...Apply
I am looking for a postdoctoral fellow interested in studying DNA replication, DNA repair, and DNA damage responses. We have...Apply
The Chou Lab at Stanford University is seeking highly motivated postdoc fellow candidates to work in the field of chemical...Apply