The Latner Thoracic Surgery Laboratories at the University Health Network in Toronto is inviting applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellow. The successful candidate will lead a project defining genomic and transcriptomic features in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Our samples include laser capture microdissected whole genome and RNA-seq samples from pre-treatment primary tumour biopsies, post-treatment surgical resections, and metastatic biopsies. Moreover, a subset of patients have samples from more than one specimen type. We have sequenced ~40 whole genomes and 50 whole transcriptomes with a goal to reach 100 samples. The candidate will be part of an integrative group including members from a comprehensive clinical program in esophageal cancer, experts in esophageal adenocarcinoma patient derived organoid models, cancer biologists, and bioinformaticians. The successful candidate will be supervised by a clinician-scientist PI and a bioinformatics/genomics PI.
• Design and perform computational analyses with the principal investigators
• Keep appropriate records, code, and documentation
• Contribute to the development of Whole Genome and Transcriptome analysis pipelines on a high-performance computational cluster
• Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes sequencing data
• Develop novel and deploy existing methods/algorithms to analyze tumour evolution / cancer subclones in the context of somatic mutations, structural variants, and copy number changes.
• Assist in the preparation of publications, conference abstracts and grant proposals
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in cancer biology and basic coding experience. Previous experience analyzing cancer whole genome sequencing data is an asset. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D. in a similar field and work well in team environments with great interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication.
Tagged as: Computer Science, Life Sciences
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto...Apply
Job Description We are seeking a highly-motivated post-doctoral fellow (PDF) with strong leadership ability and expertise in single cell genomics...Apply
The Human Nutrition and Vitamin Metabolism Team at The University of British Columbia and the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow The Prehna Lab (https://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~prehnag/) in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Manitoba, Canada is looking to...Apply
Job Summary The candidate would work within a dynamic and vibrant lab with a proven track record of outstanding achievements...Apply
The Reinke lab in the department of molecular genetics at the University of Toronto has an opening for a postdoctoral...Apply