A postdoctoral research associate position is available from Summer 2022 in the Zhuang Lab , Department of Biological Sciences, University of Arkansas. We are looking for highly motivated researchers who are willing to tackle fundamental questions in both basic evolution and biomedical research. Research interests in the Zhuang Lab include Evolution of genetic novelty and diversity; Genetic basis of variation for complex traits and diseases; Molecular mechanisms of gene formation and gene loss. Investigations involve genomics, molecular evolution, and bioinformatics, in model (fruit flies) and non-model organisms (polar fishes). More information is available on our website.
· Ph.D. in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Evolution, Genetics, or related fields;
· Proficiency in at least one programing language (e.g. Python, Perl, etc.) and one statistical program (e.g. R, SAS, etc.);
· Experience working with and analyzing whole genomic and transcriptomic data sets (e.g. assembly, annotation, comparative genomic analyses, etc.);
· Good understanding of evolution and genetics theory and methodology;
· Basic molecular biology wet lab skills (desired but not required);
· Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
The primary responsibilities of this position are developing and implementing bioinformatics pipelines to carry out comparative genomic analyses, interpreting and organizing results into publishable papers and grant proposals. Other responsibilities include data management, mentoring students, and providing bioinformatics support for the lab.
Please email Dr. Zhuang (xz036(at)uark.edu) the following materials:
(1) CV (includes publications and pre-prints),
(2) a cover letter outlining previous research experience and future plans, specifically how it is related to research focus in our lab,
(3) contact information for two references.
About the University
Founded in 1871, the University of Arkansas is a land grant institution, classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the nation’s top 2 percent of universities with the highest level of research activity (R1 University). The University of Arkansas campus is located in Fayetteville, a welcoming community ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S. The growing region surrounding Fayetteville is home to numerous Fortune 500 companies and one of the nation’s strongest economies. Northwest Arkansas is also quickly gaining a national reputation for its focus on the arts and overall quality of life. Arkansas is a natural wonder of forests, mountains and lakes framed by picturesque rivers and streams. Some of the best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are a short drive from campus.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
Post-doctoral Fellow Overview OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health...Apply
Job Description Several NIH-funded data scientist positions are available in Prof. Gaurav Pandey’s lab (https://gpandeylab.org/) at the Icahn School of...Apply
A full-time postdoctoral position is available in the Paralkar Lab in the Division of Hematology-Oncology and the Abramson Family Cancer...Apply
The Laboratory of Dr. Margarida Barroso (@barrosolab) has an outstanding job opportunity for a post-doctoral research associate at the Department...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Kavitha Sarma. The Sarma lab investigates mechanisms of gene regulation...Apply
Multiple postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Evan Worden in the Department of Structural Biology at the Van Andel Institute (VAI)....Apply