The Lengyel Laboratory (https://obgyn.uchicago.edu/research/lengyel-ovarian-cancer-laboratory) is seeking a highly motivated postdocs to join our laboratory’s efforts to understand human ovarian cancer biology. Our laboratory studies the role of the microenvironment in ovarian cancer development and progression; using knowledge gained to develop novel treatments for metastatic ovarian cancer. The postdoc will have the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment in close collaboration with physicians, device fabrication engineers, statisticians, and molecular and systems biologists at the University of Chicago.
The postdoc will map all cell types in the female reproductive system and ovarian cancer tumors with a focus on site-specific cell-cell interactions, their response to environmental cues, and their role in ovarian cancer pathogenesis and progression. We aim to evaluate the function of different cell types using state-of-the-art, high-throughput single cell epigenomic and transcriptomic techniques. This position is a joint position with the Basu laboratory (https://wordpress.uchospitals.edu/basu-lab/).
· PhD, MD, or equivalent doctoral degree in systems biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, chemical or biomedical engineering
· Record of scientific achievement through publications and presentations
· Strong track record in design and execution of experiments and a passion for translational science
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
· Ability to conduct research independently; interest in mechanistic research
· Superb problem solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Impeccable wet lab skills
· Experience with flow cytometry, optical microscopy, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, molecular biology, and sequencing are strongly desired
· Familiarity with next-generation sequencing data and bioinformatics will be advantageous
Please email Ernst Lengyel at email@example.com with a brief statement regarding research interests, CV, and a list of two references with their email addresses.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University’s Statements on Diversity are at http://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination at https://www.uchicago.edu/about/non_discrimination_statement .
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-1032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The newly established Ruan Lab at The Johns Hopkins All Children’s Institute for Fundamental Biomedical Research (IFBR) is recruiting two...Apply
Two NIH-funded postdoctoral positions are immediately available to study the role of quorum sensing pathways and metal acquisition systems in...Apply
The Computational and Cognitive Neuroscience (Polk) Lab, directed by Dr. Thad Polk, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work...Apply
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION? Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already...Apply
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr Marcos Morgan at NIEHS, part of the National Institutes of...Apply