We have a research assistant position available in the Aydin lab in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder. Successful candidates will enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative research environment focused on atomic-scale details of life’s processes and macromolecules in action. We are seeking candidates who are able to work independently but also effectively and collaboratively with other lab members.
· Candidates with a recent BA/BS or MSc in biological sciences, biochemistry, and biophysics with experience in molecular and cellular biology or biochemistry are encouraged to apply.
· This work will allow research scientists to learn multiple techniques in cell culture and recombinantly produce proteins with unique properties that have broad application in medicine, biotechnology, and industry.
· Ideal for a recent graduate looking to gain more experience before applying to graduate school or industry jobs.
Who we are:
We are a biochemistry and cell biology lab that is interested in understanding how proteins assemble into multi-component, dynamic complexes to regulate the structure and function of cellular organelles. We probe the molecular mechanisms of cellular functions using structure-function based approaches, cell biology tools, protein biochemistry, biophysics, electron cryo-microscopy (cryo-EM), and other structural methods. In addition to these potential research areas, the candidates, who would like to gain more experience in structural biology will also have the opportunity to develop new skills in research related to structure determination and electron microscopy. The laboratory provides a rich training environment and access to cutting-edge techniques.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be:
1. Candidates will participate in research projects.
2. Responsibilities will include maintaining cell lines, growing adherent and suspension cells, working with stable cell lines and baculovirus (or similar) transduction-based system, and performing experiments related to protein expression, purification, and characterization.
3. Candidates may also engage in biochemical and biophysical experiments in the study of proteins depending on the candidate’s background and previous experience.
What You Will Need:
· BA/BS or MSc degree
· Some experience in cell culture or purification protocols for protein production
· Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and learn new techniques
· Excellent digital record-keeping skills
To apply, please submit the following materials using the link below:
– A short statement that highlights your experience and future goals
– Names and contact information of three references
We celebrate diversity and prioritize inclusiveness in our team. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds, and individuals committed to promoting kindness, diversity, equity, and inclusion, to apply for these positions.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Wang Laboratory at the Department of Systems Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, is seeking for a talented...Apply
We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Research Specialist to join the laboratory of Dr. David Kingsley at...Apply
Scientist/Sr. Scientist Computational Biology Kaleido Biosciences is a clinical-stage healthcare company with a differentiated, chemistry-driven approach to leveraging the potential...Apply
The Gymrek (https://gymreklab.com/) and The Goren (https://goren-lab.github.io/) Labs are looking for a lab manager! https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=107383 DESCRIPTION The Department of Medicine...Apply
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, in affiliation with The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department...Apply
Postdoctoral or Scientist Position in Neurodegeneration, Data Science, Metabolism and Multi-Omics (i.e., Proteomics, Metabolomics) The Omics Data Science Lab led...Apply