The Erceg Lab (https://erceg.lab.uconn.edu/) is a part of vibrant community in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology & Institute for Systems Genomics at the University of Connecticut. The Lab is highly interested in understanding multi-scale genome organization and gene regulation in multicellular organisms using genomic and single-cell transformative imaging approaches. Our research lies at the intersection of genomics, genetics, developmental biology, and evolution. We are looking for a motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher to join our team. The successful applicant would be expected to conduct research to dissect how integrity and positioning of genome contribute to establishment and maintenance of cell fates using cutting edge imaging approaches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct studies of related literature to support research design
· Perform and interpret experiments and computational analyses including but not limited to microscopy on application-specific instrumentation combined with in-depth image analyses
· Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals
· Present research work at national and international scientific conferences and other appropriate settings
· A Ph.D. degree in life sciences, bioengineering, bioinformatics, or physical sciences
· Track record of publishing in scientific journals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Motivation to work independently and collaboratively in a group setting
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Prior experience with molecular biology and microscopy approaches
· Familiarity with command line and Python would be welcome, but not required
· Background knowledge of genetics and genomics
This position is a full time, 12-month appointment. The position may be annually renewable based on performance, budget and needs of the department and college.
Please apply online at https://jobs.hr.uconn.edu/cw/en-us/job/495236/postdoctoral-research-associate and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. As one of the nation’s premier public research universities, UConn offers world class core facilities, including several centers in support of genomics research such as the Center for Genome Innovation and the Computational Biology Core, which also provide free access to high performance computing and data storage. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Afﬁrmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Tagged as: Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, Physics
The SAMP Lab (Sensory and motor plasticity, Ella Striem-Amit’s lab) at Georgetown University (Washington DC, USA) is looking for a...Apply
Postdoctoral Fellow- Smith Lab Children’s National Hospital; Children’s National Research Institute; Center for Neuroscience Research in Washington, DC. The Smith...Apply
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow or research associate to join the Leung Lab at the Johns Hopkins University....Apply
Postdoctoral Position, Mechanistic Studies in Angelman Syndrome and Traumatic Brain Injury, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California The collaborative...Apply
Description: The Aliota laboratory at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary medicine is seeking a postdoc to help lead...Apply