Are you interested in being a key member of a bioinformatics team in a shared resource at a major cancer center? The candidate for this Associate Scientist position will join Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resource (BBSR) team to provide bioinformatics support for a wide array of collaborative research activities in the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (SCCC), a recently NCI-designated cancer center, at the University of Miami. This position interfaces with investigators from all the Cancer Center’s research programs, and with the leaders and staff of all the other Cancer Center’s Shared Resources.
· Providing state-of-the-art bioinformatics and molecular informatics data analysis and expertise for clinical, laboratory and epidemiological studies, including support for gene expression analysis for bulk- and single-cell transcriptome profiling, gene regulatory network building, metagenomic profiling, microRNA target analysis, genome and transcriptome assembly from next generation sequencing data, SNP functionality analysis, and data visualization.
· Working closely with investigators on experimental design and high dimensional data analysis of genomics and proteomics studies for both laboratory-based and epidemiological research projects.
· Meeting with clinicians and biologists to provide explanations and interpretations of analysis results.
· Direct involvement in generating publications and grant proposals that support the facility and the projects of the facility users.
· Evaluation and implementation of existing and emerging bioinformatics tools and applications; tracking project effort and milestones; and troubleshooting.
· Providing consultation and training for the users of the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resource, and participating in the educational workshops, seminars, and quantitative science lectures offered by the shared resource.
· A Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral experience with bioinformatics and molecular informatics data analysis in support of basic, translational, clinical, and/or epidemiological studies.
· Proficiency in R/Python programming and excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
· Attention to detail and multitasking abilities are critical, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Must enjoy working with others, have initiative, and be reliable.
Preferred experience and skills:
· Experience in statistical and computational methodology development with application in genomics studies,
· Single-cell RNA/DNA sequencing, metagenomics, or integrative multi-omics data analysis;
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with proven ability to apply creative approaches to complicated questions.
Tagged as: Computer Science
M. Madan Babu’s Group at the Center of Excellence for Data-Driven Discovery and the Department of Structural Biology is seeking...Apply
Job Description: The laboratory of “Human Adaptive immunity and Neurology” headed by Dr. Naresha Saligrama is located at Washington University...Apply
The Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/ is seeking postdoctoral fellows and research associates with...Apply
A joint recruitment postdoctoral position is available in the laboratories of Dr. Jian Xu at Children’s Research Institute and Dr....Apply
Detailed job description: The Nakanishi Lab is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to work in our research group at...Apply
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Halfmann Lab (https://research.stowers.org/halfmannlab/)....Apply