The Skellam lab, at the University of North Texas, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the field of natural product biosynthesis to elucidate and engineer fungal biosynthetic pathways for biotechnological applications. Techniques we use include gene inactivation, gene cloning and expression, small molecule purification and structural elucidation, and organic synthesis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project, manuscript and proposal writing, and presenting original research internally and externally at meetings and conferences. The postdoc is expected to work closely with graduate and undergraduate students.
• The candidate should have completed their PhD and have experience and interest in natural product chemistry, biosynthesis, and synthetic biology or enzymology.
• Experience with structural elucidation of complex natural products
• Experience in genetically manipulating fungi
• Experience with genome mining / bioinformatics analyses
• Experience with small molecule synthesis
• Good interpersonal skills and a team-working attitude
• Interest in training and mentoring students
Tagged as: Chemistry, Life Sciences
Company Information The Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health...Apply
Position Description: The Busino Laboratory is interested in studying the mechanisms by which the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) controls cell proliferation...Apply
There are two postdoc positions that are immediately available in Mingyao Li’s group at the University of Pennsylvania. The Computational Biology...Apply
Job Description We are seeking people interested in postdoc positions in the area of genomics, computational biology and data science....Apply
The Sebat laboratory at UCSD (http://sebatlab.org) is developing novel approaches for the identification of risk genes for neuropsychiatric disorders, and...Apply
The Geffen laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania has multiple postdoctoral positions open in systems neuroscience with the broad goal...Apply