The Baur lab is recruiting a highly motivated biology/biochemistry graduate for a post-doctoral position at the University of Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team that studying all things mitochondria, aging, and NAD+ metabolism. Specifically, they will be studying one of several funded projects focused on the metabolism and functional roles of NAD+.
Potential projects include:
1. Identifying regulators of the mitochondrial NAD+ transporter SLC25A51
2. Investigating the physiological consequences of cardiomyocyte or mitochondria-specific NAD+ depletion in the heart
3. Quantitatively testing strategies for NAD+ precursor delivery to failing hearts
Our model systems include cells, mice, and humans, with opportunities to learn in vivo physiology, mitochondrial metabolism, and stable isotope tracing. We have access to powerful resources including experimental surgical techniques that facilitate stable isotope tracing in the live mouse, high-resolution respirometry, telemetry, and indirect calorimetry. Our lab is located in a vibrant and collaborative environment within the Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism at the heart of the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
– Lead one of several projects using genetic and pharmacological strategies to manipulate NAD+ metabolism and understand its functional consequences for aging and disease progression in mice, or in early-stage human trials.
– Present the work at national and international meetings, write manuscripts collaboratively with the PI, and train/supervise junior lab members
– Candidate should have PhD or Masters with equivalent experience
– Candidate should have authored at least one first author paper
– Strong background in basic biology lab techniques such as qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, cell culture, histology
– Positive attitude and ability to work independently and collaboratively
– The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following: metabolomics, isotope tracing, molecular biology, mitochondrial assays, echocardiography, mouse models or human trials.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Alarcon Lab at the Pharmacology Department of Yale School of Medicine seeks a highly motivated candidate with a recent...Apply
Najafov Lab at UT Southwestern Medical Center is interested in filling a Postdoctoral Researcher position in 2022/2023. We are looking...Apply
We are looking for postdoctoral fellows enthusiastic to work at the intersection of science and AI. We work on building...Apply
The lab of Dr. Janna Fierst in the Department of Biological Sciences at Florida International University (FIU) is searching for...Apply
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available in the Pachynski Laboratory in the Division of Oncology at Washington University School...Apply
Job Description: The Chen lab at the Scintillon Institute (San Diego, CA) is recruiting postdoctoral researchers to join a NIH/BRAIN...Apply