The Locci lab is interested in understanding the basic mechanisms of T follicular helper (Tfh) cell differentiation and B cell helper function (https://www.loccilab.com/ ). Areas of active investigation in the lab include Tfh cell regulation of germinal center-derived antibody responses in vaccination and infection. The Lab is part of the Institute for Immunology, a large and vibrant immunology community at the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, USA).
We are seeking motivated and talented Postdoctoral researchers to lead projects aimed at:
1) Dissecting Tfh and antibody responses following immunization with SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines in human and mice. Qualified applicants should have a PhD or an MD, strong background in human immunology, experience with high-parameter flow cytometry and single cell RNA-sequencing. Background in bioinformatics is considered as a plus.
2) Exploring novel regulators of Tfh and GC B cell biology in newly generated mouse models. Qualified applicants should have a PhD or an MD, strong background in immunology, experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry and in vivo mouse immunization and infection models.
Relevant publications related to the two research lines described above are:
– SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccines Foster Potent Antigen-Specific Germinal Center Responses Associated with Neutralizing Antibody Generation. Lederer et al. Immunity 2020
– A Single Immunization with Nucleoside-Modified mRNA Vaccines Elicits Strong Cellular and Humoral Immune Responses against SARS-CoV-2 in Mice. Laczko et al. Immunity 2020
– Activin A programs the differentiation of human Tfh cells. Locci et al. Nature Immunology. 2016
– Human circulating PD-1+CXCR3-CXCR5+ memory Tfh cells are highly functional and correlate with broadly neutralizing HIV antibody responses. Locci et al. Immunity 2013
Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact info for 2 references.
Tagged as: Life Sciences
The Rubenstein Lab in the Division of Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine and Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Washington...Apply
The postdoctoral fellow will perform training in Dr. Nathaniel Snyder’s laboratory in the Center for Metabolic Disease Research at Temple...Apply
A postdoctoral scholar position is available in the research group of Dr. Xuanyao Liu at the University of Chicago. The...Apply
Position Summary: The Aguirre Lab at Michigan State University focuses on investigating the pathways that control development, regeneration and cell...Apply
The Nam Lab (annanamlab.com) of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and of the Englander Institute for Precision Medicine...Apply
Immunology Postdoc Position Available at Baylor College of Medicine A postdoc position in immunology is available in Dr. Jin Wang’s...Apply