A postdoctoral position is available at the Michelson Center (USC, Los Angeles) Computational Biochemistry Lab. Our research program (http://katritch.usc.edu/), closely integrating computational and experimental approaches, is aimed at deciphering signaling mechanisms of GPCRs and the discovery of new generation drug candidates and tool compounds targeting these receptors.
We are looking for talented researches to join our team in developing and applying state of the art molecular modeling and machine learning tools for deciphering structure-function of proteins and protein-ligand interactions; virtual ligand screening in ultra-large combinatorial libraries; QSAR and rational lead optimization. You will use these tools to design receptors and ligands with new properties for neurobiology and potential clinical applications in the treatment of pain and addiction, inflammation, metabolic and neurodegenerative disease, and cancer. Our computational studies involve close interactions with structural biologists, synthetic and medicinal chemists at USC and Michelson Center for Convergent Sciences, Psychoactive Drug Screening Program at UNC, MD Anderson Cancer Center at UT, and other established collaborators.
The position is funded by NIH and internal USC grants, and offers highly competitive salaries, a vibrant interdisciplinary environment, and opportunities for career development.
– Ph.D. in computational chemistry / chemistry/ biophysics/ bioinformatics/ computer sciences / chemical engineering or a related field
– Demonstrated experience in structural bioinformatics, molecular modeling, computational chemistry and cheminformatics applications to drug design
– Programming and scripting skills (Python, Perl, Linux shell, Pipelining, knowledge of Java and database management)
– Hands-on experience with at least one of the major drug discovery software packages (Molsoft ICM, Schrodinger, OpenEye)
– Demonstrated expertise in molecular dynamics studies of GPCRs and other membrane proteins is a plus
– Established record of high-quality scientific research and publications
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and scientific creativity are essential.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Tagged as: Chemistry, Computer Science, Life Sciences
The Castañeda lab at Syracuse University (SU) is hiring a motivated and creative Postdoctoral Research Associate for an NIH-funded position...Apply
We are seeking outstanding applicants for Postdoctoral positions to work at the intersection of cancer genomics, cancer immunology, single-cell omics...Apply
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW Exosome nanodelivery interfaced with 3D biomaterials and microfluidics The University of Florida is a top-ranked international research...Apply
Postdoctoral Position Translation Initiation and ISR Boston University School of Medicine Boston, Massachusetts A postdoctoral position is available in...Apply
The Nelson Lau lab in the Dept of Biochemistry is looking for a candidate with a PhD and prior molecular...Apply
The Starr and Luxton Labs are interested in understanding cellular mechanotransduction, or the ability of cells to sense and convert...Apply